Part 2: Chubby girl and popular hot guy. What a match!

Abby's POV

It's almost nine and I'm bored. I'm not always bored, it's just that being a plump teenager is such a hard thing. It's Friday night and if I were a normal bulimic teenage girl tonight would be a night out. Instead I'm home and with my best plan being to write some stupid report about the Cold War and stuffing myself with a bag of fries.

I put on some music. I start listening to the bass and then the catchy melody of "Talk". Not my Coldplay's favorite song; but a good one. I turn to my laptop to start working on that darn report. The Hello Kitty sticker on the right corner of the screen catches my attention and my mind drifts to that day. Not the best day of my life.

It was my twelve birthday. Unfortunately, Jessica's too. That day, early in the morning, mom had given me my present. As it was a custom, I had got another Hello Kitty stuffed doll. I had started a collection when I was three. And my mom always managed to buy me all the items she could find about that friendly looking cat. Although, she saved the best ones for my birthdays.

I had all kinds of stuff Hello Kitty- related. Stuffed dolls, clothes, stickers, notebooks, pens and pencils. Everything you could imagine. That year, my mom had got me a Hello Kitty children's laptop. It was a cute little thing, it only had lame games. But it was lovely.

I started to play with it that exact same morning. I had managed to finished the Tetris game and I was about to start a version of Atari, when I heard a loud scream next to me.  

It was little Miss Jessica, as I used to call he. She had been trying to scare me with that noise but I didn't care she was there. I turn my attention back to the laptop and kept on playing.

"What's that you have there?" She asked. I turned to look at her and she had an angry expression plastered all over her face.

"It's my birthday present, mom got it for me." I answered, turning my face to the screen trying to ignore her presence and focusing on the little ball going up and down.

"I want it, give me that thing." Jessica said, trying to snatch the laptop from my lap. I tried to hold it with all I had. Why did she want my gift if she could have everything she would want? Obviously, I knew the answer. She was jealous; she just couldn't see me happy.

Since she couldn't get her hands on my present she stormed of the room. I didn't mind her being angry at me. At that age I already knew that Jessica was not one to trust. I continue playing all morning until I got so tired that I feel asleep. I shouldn't have done that.

When I awoke that afternoon I had one of the most horrific views. All over the floor was my entire scattered collection. Everything was destroyed; I couldn't even recognize the faces of the sweet Hello Kitty. My laptop, or what was left of it, was hanging from a rope next to my bed. I could see the cracked screen and letters written all over. As I got close the letter made more sense. It said "happy birthday" in black.  

I knew who that had been. Jealous Jessica. Damn Jessica! All my happy mementoes destroyed by that evil girl. I wanted to get back at her, to make her suffer so much, but I didn't do anything but lie down hugging what was left of my things, and cried.

The thing left from my stuff is the Hello Kitty sticker on my laptop, and every time I look at it I remember what I promised myself that day. That she'd never ruin anything that belonged to me.

Coming back to the present from that unhappy memory I notice the keyboard is wet. I have been crying. Darn it! I go to the bathroom and wash my face with some cold water. I don't want to think about "her" anymore.

I get out of the bathroom and out of my room. And I go straight to the garden. Being this a mansion it has a huge garden with big trees and season flowers. It's just like a little forest. I always have a walk around it when I'm feeling a little down.