Part 22: Chubby girl and popular hot guy. What a match!

Will's POV

I woke up four months after the accident. A truck had destroyed my car completely and it almost killed me. I was alive, but when I woke up and found myself in the worst of states I wished I hadn't made it. I had been connected to a machine that allowed me to breathe for months.

My mother had been there the morning I opened my eyes after so long. She had been moving one of my arms to keep my muscles and articulations working, when I had started coughing. I had started chocking because of the tubes in my throat. A nurse had come and then a train of physicians. After some minutes I had been stabilized, was breathing on my own and was talking to my mom.

At first everything had felt fine until I asked my mother about the accident and she started sobbing uncontrollably. I knew it was my fault so I tried to touch her and that's when I noticed that I couldn't move my arm. I tried with the other one and even though I focused I couldn't move it either. I realized I was chained to a hospital bed because I didn't feel my arms or legs.

I had wanted to get out of that bed and look for Abby. I wanted things to be as fine as that day when I figured that she was the most precious creature and that I wanted to be with her. Why hadn't she been here, by my side, waiting for me to wake up?

My father explained to me that after the accident they took me out of the country, to a place where people didn't know who I was so that they could treat me. It was believed that I hadn't survived and that they buried me in England, in my family's lands. Dad had said it had all been for good, my recovery was going to be long and that once I was awake the possibilities of my recovery were on my side.

Still, I couldn't move. I was trapped in a bed were I felt I died every time I made the effort to move. Speaking, at first, wasn't easy since it gave me terrible cramps and didn't let me sleep.

However terrible, the moment my father told me that everybody thought me dead I felt a pang of fear. I hadn't been this scared when father told me that maybe I wouldn't be able to walk again. But, the mere thought of Abby believing me dead. The single thought of her, perhaps, being with somebody else made me nauseous.

I had determined myself to being alright and to look for her. I had made up my mind and I wouldn't be able to change it.

Days, months, years went by and I got better. It was painful and it took all of me to move once more. The doctors started to believe, the chances had been very little. I was performing a miracle in front of their eyes. They didn't know, though, that the miracle had a name and it was Abby.

Abby was the one who was always on my mind, I thought of her every single moment of the day, and no matter how painful therapy was, she never escaped my thoughts. And at nights, when I was alone, her green-hazel eyes shone beautifully in my head. She turned to be my only goal.

Five years went by, I had struggled but I'd made it. There was one problem though; I couldn't go meet her just like that because she would not be capable of knowing it was me. My face had been destroyed in the accident, I had had surgeries and they reconstructed it. But, the Will she knew, the face she knew didn't exist anymore.

Abby was studying in Harvard now, my smart girl. My plane landed in the early morning and I felt the hot sun of April on my face as I got off the plane. I walked through a passage and waited in line. A young lady smiled at me from a window while my backpack went through the x-ray detectors.

"Your passport, please" she said and her smiled widened. I handed it in and she looked at it. "Mr. Robert Williams, are you planning on staying for long?"

"I hope so, I came to visit my girlfriend." She nodded her head and didn't smile anymore. She let me go with that. I was out of the airport in little time; a taxi took me straight to Harvard law school and in few minutes I was on Abby's university and about to register for classes.