~*~

“Come on, Mase, time for bedtime!” I said at eight-thirty.

“No!” Mason cried, throwing his blocks.

“Now!” I said more sternly “Clean up your blocks.”

Mason’s face pouted “No! No! No!”

“Mason” I said, standing up.

“Here, buddy, I’ll help you clean up” Caden said. He reached over, picking up a few blocks. “Where do they go?”

Mason pointed to the bin in the corner. He grabbed a block throwing it at the bin. It bounced off, landing on the floor. Mason scurried up, grabbing the block and throwing it back in. Caden reached over, dropping the blocks in his hand into the bin.

I watched as they put the blocks away, noticing how Mason didn’t complain at all about that.

Once the toys were away, I grabbed Mason’s hand as we walked up the stairs. Caden followed behind me, going as slowly as I was with Mason.

I carried him to his room once we reached the top. I set Mason down in his bed.

“Hey it’s a car!” Caden said, running his hand along the side. “Pretty cool little man!”

Mason grinned up at him “Vroom!”

“He needs to go to sleep” I snapped, grabbing my pillow and blanket that was always next to his bed. “So get lost”

“What are you doing here?” Caden asked

“He’s three! I’m staying with him until he falls asleep”

Caden shrugged, sitting down next to me. I ignored him, leaning over the side of Mason’s bed. I pulled the covers up over his shoulder, kissing his cheek “Night Mase”

“Night Go-ey”

I smiled, turning off the main light. His nightlight lit up a small portion of the room. Enough to prevent me from sleeping, but to give him the security to go to sleep.

I laid down, pulling my own blanket over me. Caden looked at me. I looked back at him. Quietly, he laid down, stretching next to me. I narrowed my eyes, not enjoying this.

He pulled my pillow towards him, leaving me to have only an edge. Caden rested his head on the opposite end, laying on top of my blanket. Our faces were mere inches away from each other.

‘Move’ I mouthed at him. He smirked, mouthing ‘No’ back at me.

I pushed his shoulder, giving him a sign I was serious about him getting off my pillow. Caden only grinned at me ignoring the shove.

‘Move’ I said again, my face expressing the annoyance I felt.

Caden shook his head, moving closer to me. I rolled over so that my back was to him. I crossed my arms, shaking my head so my hair sprawled out behind me.

I felt fingers brush my neck, sweeping my hair over my shoulder. I rolled over, giving him a dirty look.

‘Stop’ I mouthed at him. He smirked, shaking his head no.

I looked up at Mason, who was fast asleep. Silently, I stepped out of the room, Caden following me. I made my way down the hallway to my room, getting in before Caden did. I closed the door, feeling a counter force against it.

I pressed harder, trying to prevent Caden from getting into my room. Unfortunately, he was older than me and stronger. He gave a push, sending me stumbling back. Caden closed the door behind him, taking a few steps into my room.

“Nice room” He smirked. I gritted my teeth walking away from him. I sat on my bed, just glaring at him.

“Get out” I snarled

“I’m the babysitter. You listen to me. Not the other way around”

“This is my fucking room. Out”

“Watch your language” He teased, walking over and flicking my nose. I made a face, crossing my arms. Caden sat down next to me, leaning back on his elbows and flipping his hair.

“Look, can you please get out of my room?” I asked as politely as I could manage.

“Sorry, no can do.” He smirked.

I groaned, turning away from him.

“How old are you?” He asked.

“15” I muttered angrily

“Huh. You ever seen me before?”

“You sound like you’re fucking famous.” I rolled my eyes “No, until today, I haven’t seen you before”

“We go to the same High School”

“Perfect” I groaned.

“So I’ll get to see you every day”

“Carl or whatever your name is,” I hissed “you’re annoying me. Please leave before I start screaming”

“You’d wake Mason”

“Exactly my point”

He sighed, the bed shifting underneath me. “Alright I’ll be downstairs”

I watched him leave my room. He paused at the doorway, turning back to me.

“Go” I hissed

With a shrug, Caden left the room. I listened to his footsteps disappear down the stairs before I slipped out of my room, tip-toeing over to Mason’s.