Chapter 28

Ow, shit. My head.

                I groaned slightly, my head pounding. It wasn’t as bad as a migraine, but it was very close. I pulled the pillow closer to my head, nestling myself more.

                My eyes snapped open as I became aware of an arm wrapped around me and something very hard pressing against my leg. Regardless of the headache, my heartbeat sped up as I looked around from the angle my head was.

                This wasn’t my room. This wasn’t Jason’s either.

                “Oh shit” I whispered to myself when I noticed that someone was breathing deeply next to me. The exhale brushed my shoulder coldly, a shiver running down my spine.

                I lifted the cover ever so slightly, confirming my fears that I was indeed naked. An arm held me right underneath my breasts. I felt my lungs quiver in regret.

                Cautiously, I turned my head, lifting my body slightly to see who lay next to me. I clamped a hand over my mouth to keep from screaming when I saw Caden’s sleeping figure. Images flashed through my head of the previous night of what we had done.

                As quietly as I could, I slipped out from under his grip, sliding out of bed. Naked, I checked the floor, searching for my clothing.

                I had slipped on my bra and panties, working on my skirt, when Caden woke up.

                “What are you doing?” He groaned, not opening his eyes “It’s too fucking early.”
                I bit my lip, holding back the tears that threatened to spill over as I caught site of not one, not two but three used condoms on the ground.

                What the fuck?

                “Oh my…” I whispered “Oh no. Damn, damn, no!”

                “What are you mumbling about, baby?” He groaned barely understandable. I guess he didn’t realize who I was yet “Come back to bed.”

                I glanced back at him.

                I needed to get out of here.

                I grabbed a sweatshirt, throwing it over my head as I hurriedly left the bed room, closing the door behind me. If he didn’t know it was me now, hopefully he would have been too drunk to remember later.

                I wiped away the stray tear as I left the house, noticing how horribly it had been trashed. I checked my pockets before remembering that I had decided against bringing a phone to this party.

                “Fuck!” I cried as I walked out into the cold air, shivering. I had no idea how to drive a car or I would’ve taken Caden’s. I glanced around, trying to figure out where I was as I walked.

                After a few minutes I came across a familiar street sign.

                The bus stop was only three blocks away. With any luck, the next bus would be coming soon. And Lord knew that I really needed luck on my side.

                Quickly, I jogged over to the stop, reading the sign that listed the bus times.

                I had no idea what time it was, not having glanced at a clock before I left. There was a man standing there too, which left me to assume a bus would be here soon.