Chapter 25

“Sup?” Jason asked , leaning against the doorway. I slipped a jacket on, grabbing my phone before turning to face him. He stood there with a gentle smirk on his face.

                “Sorry, I entirely passed out” I laughed, walking outside. Jason moved so that I could lock the door, tucking the key into my pocket.

                “It’s fine, Joey” He slipped an arm around my waist as we walked to the car. “You need to give me directions on where to pick Mase up ok?”

                “I figured” I said with a sigh. Jason quickly got on the highway, turning the radio on. I pushed his hand away, changing the channel to one that I liked.

                “Since when have you listened to Ozzy Osbourne?” He asked with a laugh.

                I shrugged “I don’t know. He’s not that bad I guess…”

                “I do believe I tried to get you to listen to him and you called him ‘old and lame’” Jason smirked. I rolled my eyes

                “Fine, fine. I’ll change the channel”

                “Nah, leave it”

                Neither of us spoke as he drove to the daycare aside from directions. We left the station on, nodding our heads to the beat of the music. Jason held my hand in his as he drove, rubbing circles with his thumb.

                He pulled into the parking lot, leaving the care on “Go get him quickly, I’ll be waiting right here”

                I pecked his cheek, getting out. “Be right back”

                I shut the door, hurrying into the small building. I walked in, a blast of warm air hitting my face. The sound of laughter led caught my attention as I glanced over to see a circle of kids playing. They looked too young for Mason, most of them being around one.

                I signed Mason out at the front desk, saying hello to the lady.

                “Haven’t seen you in a while, honey” She smiled at me.

                “Yeah, Mom’s been getting Mase a lot more.” I shrugged. She took the paper from me as I left, heading towards Mason’s room.

                I peaked in, spotting him playing with a few boys by the trucks. Opening the door, I smiled to the teacher.

                “Hey, Joey! Haven’t seen you around” She grinned, walking over to Mason. She bent down, whispering something in his ear. He glanced back, seeing me, a grin across his face. Mason dropped the truck, running over to get his shoes on.

                I grabbed his coat, slipping it on him “Come on bud, Jason’s got the car running”

                “Gae-son’s here?” Mason asked. I laughed, realizing I really needed to work on his J’s. Mason rushed, grabbing my hand and pulling me out.

                I waved goodbye to his teacher as we quickly left the building, meeting Jason out front. Jason grinned as I buckled Mason in the backseat tightly, forgetting his car seat.

                “Hey Mase!” Jason said “How was daycare?”

                “Good” Mason said, nearly jumping up and down. I got into the passenger seat, buckling as Jason pulled out of the parking lot “I can write my name!”