THIRTY TWO

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
"I didn't think I was either"

       ALLISON FIDDLED WITH THE SMALL PAGER device in an attempt to get in contact with Rocket and Groot

ALLISON FIDDLED WITH THE SMALL PAGER device in an attempt to get in contact with Rocket and Groot. She was having no luck at that time, tapping it rapidly to try and get it to connect or at least get a response from the two closest to her.

Sam Cooke's "Bring It On Home" played delicately through the air as Peter admired the landscapes across Ego's planet from the balcony. Allison stood a few meters from him, never stopping tapping the device.

"So I guess this could all be mine someday," Peter wondered out loud, his eyes never moving from the front until he heard Allison's voice.

God, I know we agreed to stick around for him but do we have to be here right now?

"Rocket. Rocket, are you there?" Allison spoke, her panicked emotions being surprisingly well hidden. She sighed abruptly as she got nothing but irritating static.

Why couldn't Rocket be complient for once in his damn life and follow Allison's one request?

Well... Isn't that annoying?

Allison's eyes slowly drifted up as she felt Peter's hand rest over her shoulder. "Peter. What are you doing?" she said plainly, her fingers still tapping away at the small device.

Peter leant closer to her, his face inches from her ear as he faintly murmured: "Dance with me". His tone was gentle with his soothing voice being calming to the Ice Demon.

Uh... No.

"Yeah, I agree," Allison replied, referring to her couterpart's thoughts. "No, thank you." She tried to be polite about it, her tone calm and level instead of annoyed and risen a few octaves.

"Come on," Peter pushed, their bodies slowly swaying to the faint music that played. He reached over her shoulder and gently removed the device from her cold grip, loosely tossing it to the clean and soft couch in front of them. "You know you want to, not Frost."

I mean, he has a point, we're basically two different people at this point

Allison chuckled quietly, her gorgeous smile appearing as Peter took her cold hands into his warm one, leading her to the middle of the balcony.
"This is Sam Cooke..." he began to explain, resting one hand on Allison's hip and the other linked with her own hand. "One of the greatest Earth singers of all time."

"How... Interesting," she smiled warmly, always up for hearing a story or fact from the Star-Lord's past experiences.

Place your hand on his shoulder, it'll make you seem less awkward.

Allison did as Frost suggested, moving her free hand to rest loosely over his shoulder. One of her eyebrows rose in surprise as she swayed slowly to the tempo of Bring it Home. Peter's eyes never moved from her flawless face, staring at the Ice Demon almost dreamingly. He assumed her small reactions or some gestures were in response to her counterpart. He had learnt that by now.