TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTY
"You killed Groot"

        ALLISON AWOKE IN PAIN, A throbbing headache hitting her immediately as she gained consciousness

headache hitting her immediately as she gained consciousness. She felt something pushing her side, a faint voice entering her hearing amongst the loud ringing in her ear. A faint tune flowed through the air from Peter's mixtape, it still being connected to the speakers of the now destroyed Milano.

"Allison? Alli, wake up," Rocket's worried voice entered her hearing, making the Ice Demon more alert.

Allison's eyes flickered open slowly, meeting Rocket's dark ones. "Rocket?" She whispered, her voice hoarse. She pressed her hand to her temple as she felt a sharp stabbing pain. "Frost?" The silence in her head was worrying and made her panic slightly.

I'm okay... we're okay

As Allison slowly sat up, her hearing beginning to become more clear, Rocket threw himself into her arms. He hid his face in her dust and soot covered shirt, ignoring her quiet whimper of pain. She slowly raised her hand, rubbing the raccoon's back as her eyes scanned the clearing.
Xandar residents slowly began to gather around the survivors, looking around the clearing and looking anxiously out for Ronan. She saw Drax, Gamora and Peter in the large opening, each of them covered in battle wounds.

Gamora moaned in pain as she rolled onto her stomach, trying to sit-up when a stabbing pain shot through her abdomen, making her clutch it as she gritted her teeth in pain. Peter rolled over as well, cuts scattered over his face. Closing his hand into a knuckle, Peter coughed rather abruptly as he inhaled the smoke and dust. Drax laid in front of the speakers, using stiff and slow movements in an attempt to sit up or lessen the pain.

"I called him an idiot..." Rocket whispered, one of his paws clutching tightly onto a piece of Allison's torn suit.

Allison didn't know what to say, the sadness and anger overwhelming her. Being in control with these specific emotions overthrowing any other was odd for Allison, it was an odd feeling. Typically, by now, Frost would've taken over, but at that moment, Frost was completely silent.

Looking down at the raccoon, Allison used one of her arms to grabbed Rocket's paw, feeling one of the twings he had in a tight grip. It only hurt her even more when she finally realised that Groot was dead.

Suddenly, the surrounding citzens began to whimper and back away in fear, making Allison lift her head in confusion. Abruptly, confusion switched to anger.

Ronan emerged from the destroyed ship, unscathed and wielding his hammer with the Infinity Stone shimmering brightly under the bright sunlight. Allison clenched her teeth before gently moving Rocket from her lap. The raccoon shakily looked up before glancing over his shoulder, fury reaching his fuzzy face at just the sight of Ronan.

"You!" Allison yelled in anger, eyes flicking to Frost's threatening gaze. Climbing to her feet, mist flowed off her skin in waves with her heart racing in her chest, seeming to thump loudly in her ears. "You killed Groot!"