Chapter 24: Black Roses

"I'm glad we are able to speak today," Maxwell smiled speaking to his private investigator.

        "No problem. It's been wonderful working with you sir... I finally tracked down your Fiance. The reason why I had you go to the hospital- It was a great lead because my sources tells me that she was registered in that hospital from the help of another woman. I still don't know who that woman is..." he continued to explain seeing the eagerness in Maxwell's eyes as he tapped his fingers against the desk, obviously very impatient.

        Fuck, where is she!  Maxwell screamed internally watching the private investigator rambled on. He was tired of him saying unnecessary, where was his baby? That was all that mattered at this point. All he wanted was to get his hands on her beautiful brown skin.

        All the distance was killing him inside.

         Camille Johnson...

        She was everything to him but he was never intending to marry her or any woman. A woman by his side was all he need. Brianna was not the type. She was the best thing closest to having a woman like Camille.  

        His eyes trialed over at Richard, causing him to grunted as he leaded over the desk, "Richard... Where is she?"

         "Sorry... New York City. She's actually  living with a family friend."

******

        The news Richard told him earlier day, brighten his mood for the raise of the day. He was going to make a flight to New York as soon as possible.

        He needed his girl.

        He craved her scent, her nectar and touch.

        It still wasn't love. He had to remind himself their was no love for Camille but only desire. 

        Richard was another  fool falling for the game he was playing. He was indeed a intelligent man. He had the world wrap around his finger. Every word that came out of his mouth was superior to the ones others had to say. 

        Richard suggested that he go after his fiance. What Richard didn't know, Max was using him to find Camille for any his selfish desires. He wanted to hurt Camille. Why? Maxwell was going insane day by day. But to a stranger  he was sane as an average man. 

        Sane? This man was crazy. 

         "Uh- Maxwell?" His boss called for his attention.

        Max quickly looked his way, embarrassment which wasn't like him. His boss, Mr. Houston was a very intimidating men. "Hmm?"

        "Are you bored?" he asked with a smirk, using hand gestures. 

        His smart remarks were something that got on Maxwell's nerves daily. One of the things he took out on Camille when they were together. 

        "No, I'm not. Just thinking but I'm sorry," he apologized, eyeing Mr. Houston. He felt like he was losing his dignity, just by apologizing to another man. Shit, life wasn't suppose to be like that is his eyes.

        He was superior to all. 

      Mr Houston smirked slightly as he continued to speak to the entire room filled with sport agents. He stood in front of the long round table, in front of a white smart board that displayed play off numbers and numbers of different players.