Chapter 11 : Cater 2 U

Chapter 11: Cater 2 U

Tasha

Tasha just got off the train and was making her way to  her 10:45  a.m. class. These last two days have been crazy. Tasha and Camille have barely spoken after the argument. Tasha was really worried about Camille, and it hurt her that she couldn't tell her what was going on.

''Good morning Ms. Clarke.” Tasha’s professor greeted her once she made it to class. “We were  just going over the internship opportunity.''  He was a sage in his late fifties and was a very nice man once you got to know him. He treated his students with respect but would kick you out if you were unprepared.

Tasha took a seat in the front of the class. ''I'm sorry Professor Smith.''

''It's fine. Now you all should be receiving letters either working at a daycare if your studying to become a teacher. Some of you who are studying child psychology will get called into a psychology firm.'' He said looking over some papers.

A few hands were raised.''Yes? Mr.White.'' He always called the students by their last names.

Everyone turned to look at him then turned back to the professor. ''Since most of us will be graduating in May,'' which was four months away, ''when will the internship begin?''

The professor paced the room. ''Well the internship should begin around next month, but you all should receive the letter a week or two. There is a process where you must be chosen and then there's the orientation.'' Everyone cheered. ''But, not all of you will have the chance to work there. I will be giving you more information about it later on. Any questions should be asked after class,'' He walked over to turn on the white smart board. ''Everyone please pull out your handout that was given to you in the last class.''  

Tasha raised her hand. ''I'm reading this novel about child development; it said that if a child was raised by an overprotective family then that child will grow to fear and have insecurities because they believe that the world is unsafe. When that child becomes an adult, he or she will still have his fears and insecurities but he will display them in a different way.''

''As you all should know, developmental psychology is the scientific study of changes that occur in human beings over the course of their life. If you people have young children or siblings, you will notice these things in them. Am I right?'' Everyone laughed. ''Clarke I'm glad you brought this up. You see, children learn from their surrounding; if you are not teaching them the right ways of life, they will believe this world is ugly.'' The students began taking notes.

''But sir, does genetics have anything to do with effects of childhood to adulthood?''

The professor paced the room again. ''Traits like that can get passed down by family members, but it’s also up to the person.'' He corrected. Class ended thirty minutes later, and Tasha had one more class left which began in a hour and a half.