Chapter 9: Bad News

Chapter 9: Bad News

Tasha

 She walked into the hospital room and saw that her mother was sleeping. She took a seat on the couch and started to play on her phone waiting patiently for Michelle to wake up.

 ''Mama, how you feeling?'' Tasha asked as she stroked the side of Michelle's face which was a bit pale. She looked a lot skinnier than usual too.

 Michelle coughed. ''I'm tired. Just missing my granddaughter and you of course.'' Tasha nodded. It’s been almost one month since Michelle’s been home, and it was really hard for Tasha to watch the condition weaken of the first person she ever laid eyes on. ''So, how is everyone? And is Camille still in our house?'' Michelle asked curiously.

 ''Uh, everyone is doing great.'' Tasha smiled. ''Yes, Camille is still in the house. Why?'' Tasha took a seat on the hospital bed with her mother.

 ''Why?'' Michelle coughed. ''What's going on? Is she talking to her parents?''

 Tasha's face wrinkled up. ''Mama, I don't know.'' She shrugged.

 ''Her going off with that man ruined her, and her relationship with her family; it’s not healthy.'' Michelle stated clearing her throat.

 Tasha sighed. ''Mama please don't do this.'' Tasha warned getting off the bed. ''This is not about Camille right now. You need to focus on getting better for me, okay?'' Michelle nodded as the doctor and a nurse walked into the room.

 ''Good morning ladies.'' The doctor said pulling out his clipboard. The nurse smiled and proceeded to take Michelle’s arm to check her blood pressure, then her weight, and finally her temperature. ''Okay so your temperature seems okay. You lost a lot of weight, and your blood pressure level is at the borderline, but---''

 Tasha cut him off as he was trying to explain the situation. ''Wait so are there ways to get the levels back to normal?'' Tasha asked scared out of mind.

 ''We will change her diet to something more suitable for her…” The doctor went on to explain the treatment to Tasha as Michelle tuned him out. She didn’t like how they were talking about her like she wasn't there anymore.

 ''Mama, you okay?'' Tasha asked once the doctor left.

 Michelle didn't even answer her question and went straight to the point. ''Tasha baby, come by again tomorrow when you're free. I’m  just tired.'' Tasha nodded and kissed Michelle's forehead.

 ''Goodbye, Mama.” As she was leaving, her phone started ringing. ''Hello?''

 ''Tash!'' The female voice yelled.

 Tasha laughed. ''Haha, what are you up to Jada ?'' Jada was Tasha’s closest friend after Camille. They met about a year ago and have been close ever since.

 ''Come over to mi casa!!!!'' Jada demanded smacking on her gum as Tasha’s bus came.

 ''You a mess.'' Tasha said sliding her metro card through and taking a seat.

 ''So is Michelle getting better?''Jada asked with a worried tone. Tasha sighed and explained to Jada that they would talk about it once she got to her place.

 'You know I can’t have just any ole body in my business.'' Tasha laughed trying to not think about her mother's situation. When it was her stop, she stepped off the bus to walk to Jada's apartment building. Once there, she knocked heavily on the door.