Let's See What Mom Left Me

Notes:

Hey, guys, it's been a little while.

I've been catching up on homework and had no time to write. I've been mainly sleeping a lot but it's really cold at my house cuz I don't really have good Heat in my room and it's freezing so when I fall asleep I take those really deep naps and I don't wake up for hours. And when I do wake up I don't want to do anything. tis the life of a lazy person.

<><><>

/

I breathe a sigh of breath once I get off the plane. Here I am, back in good old Beacon Hill's. I'm standing there with my bookbag on my back and a small little luggage at my side. I look kind of hagrid and disheveled. The past few days have been stressful and heartbreaking. And now I'm back in a place that I craved to be in for a long time, and now I don't want to be here anymore.

I think the idea of everything that I have to do while I'm here weighs down on me pretty heavily. I didn't tell anyone I was coming back. I assumed that you would assume that I would go back. But I still haven't gotten any text from anyone. I thought they would've texted me to tell me my father died. But it seems nobody decided to contact me. I have a few fights to pick, but I'll do that later.

Once I hail a cab, I get driven back to my house. It's empty there's nobody there. I unlocked the door walk inside and I see some stuff of my father is just lying around on the table. Like he left but expected to come back. Except he didn't. That broke me a little bit. I cried. I mean, after my mother died, my father was my only family left, and now I'm alone. I'm really alone in the world. I mean, I really only have one friend. I mean, I would call Scott my brother but where has my brother been? Why would he not contact me for like a month? Why do I have to get a letter from my own father to know that he died?

I don't want to cut ties with Beacon Hills. I would've stayed here for my whole life. With Scott, I was helping him along with his werewolf problem. It's technically a safe haven for me even as a Grimm. But I don't feel attached since these past few weeks I was abandoned. Maybe I'm overdramatic, but I think I need to leave. Of course, I'm going to tell everyone I'm leaving this time. And I'm going to have my dad's funeral. I am going to get all the stuff my mother left behind for me. But then I'm going to go.

I guess I have to call Melissa now. I don't mind calling her because I know she's probably feeling as much grief as I am. I'm sure Scott's also feeling as much pain as I am. I let the phone ring; I had a feeling she may not pick up because she was at work. And she might not recognize the number.

But lo and behold she picked up, unlike her son,

"Hello? I'm sorry, who is this? I don't recognize the number."

I take a deep breath before I answer to get the residual crying out of my tone.

"Hey Melissa, it's Stiles, I'm back in Beacon Hills. Sorry for not contacting you sooner. I just found out yesterday about my father. Is he gone? "

I hear Melissa gasp over the phone,

"Oh, Stiles, we haven't heard from you for weeks. I was afraid something happened to you. We went to your house so we couldn't find you when your father died we thought the worst. I'm so glad you're alright. And I'm so sorry, Stiles. I tried everything but he was really sick. I don't know why he didn't tell anyone. "

That is so like my dad, keeping everything to himself and not being able to burden anyone else. So I guess I'm like that too. I got it from him.

"I guess that's just how my dad is Melissa. Anyway, I'm here to plan the funeral and to say goodbye to everyone since I'm moving. "

I hear another sharp gasp from Melissa.

"You're moving, but why? Stiles if you have nowhere to go you could live with me and Scott. I don't mind seriously; you don't have to leave; we could help."

I shake my head even though she can't see it since we're talking over the phone.

"No, I have a job in Portland. And my father sent me there before he died, so I'm assuming that's where he wanted me to be. And I made a friend over there who's letting me stay with them so after the funeral I'm going to go. I'm so sorry. I know it's an abrupt end, and you're family to me. But I think I need to be away from Beacon Hills for a little bit. So that I can breathe, you know."

I heard a little sniffle through the phone.

But Melissa eventually agreed and said that I'm at least staying for a week or so before I go back because she needs to imprint me and her memory or so she says before I go.

It's okay because I originally planned to spend some time going over what my mother left for me before I went back. To see what I needed to bring with me and what I could just leave here if it's going to be a safe place. Also, I have to find someone to leave it with.

I was thinking either Derek or maybe Lydia. They are the least likely to throw it away after a while.

I spend the rest of the day after getting off the plane and coming back to the house, putting my stuff in my room, and sleeping in a short little nap. I reread the letter that my mom sent me. It gave me the address of the storage yard off the edge of Beacon Hill's. And in the letter, there was also a key that I guess opens the storage unit. I wanted to do that towards the end of my trip here.

But then thinking about it now, the funeral is going to take a few days, and I'd like to get all of this out-of-the-way before I meet back up with Scott and everyone. As much as I love them even if they ignore me, I don't want them snooping into the Grimm stuff that I've been mixed up with lately—considering that they have nothing to do with it, supernatural or otherwise. I mean, this place is cursed, so I don't even know if they know what a Grimm is. Maybe Derek knows since he didn't spend all his life in Beacon Hills. Maybe Deaton would understand since he does know about the supernatural. But I'm not sure how many people I want to tell you precisely anyway. I don't even know if I want to recognize Scott or Melissa.

I feel like it will get them in more trouble if I do. Better to keep it a secret and maybe just tell one person here. I'm still on a tossup between Derek and Lydia. Only for two reasons, Derek could handle himself even if something terrible were to come after him. And as long as he stays in Beacon Hills nothing supernaturally related to me will come after him. And Lydia, I don't know how well she can hold herself in a fight, but she's pretty fierce. And the fact that she is a very smart, genius-level at this point. I feel like if I do tell her about it should be the best one to comprehend it. And I feel like she'd understand to keep it a secret.

I love Scott I do, but he's kind of an idiot sometimes. And as of late, he's been a pretty terrible friend. So I guess it all comes down to when I see them again.

I made up my mind though I'm at least going to check out the storage unit. I mean, my mom did say she left me some money in there, so at least I could use some of that to pay for the funeral. Though considering my dad is a sheriff, there might be a police procession instead of just a regular silent old funeral.

So I guess I have to go to the station and sort that out as well. Oh, the things I have to do, in this dreadful town full of memories, good or bad, is to be decided on.

/

<><><>

Notes:

This chapter isn't really eventful. Next chapter though Stiles is going to go to his mother's storage unit and find all the cool shit she left him.

Go lookout for that.

(Y'all okay with me bringing in Peter, I know he's in practically all my Stiles stories but I don't wanna overdo it?)