The Resistance

Notes:

I'm really in the mood to write this story.

I just made homemade breadsticks, and they were so bomb. I may have overdone the garlic tho, Oops.

Anyway enjoy

<><><>

/

A few weeks ago, before Stiles arrived...

Captain Renard's POV:

I just got off a phone call from an old acquaintance of mine. I haven't talked to this man in years. I was curious to know why he called me. Since I was assuming he left the business a very long time ago, I guess you could never quit that kind of work. John Stilinski, he used to work for the resistance. But then I heard he got married one day and then just ultimately left the world, at least our world. I guess I should've assumed he had a son, but it's weird to hear about it because I can only think of the guy in one way.

I remember the story of how I met him. I was still a kid, traveling and hiding from the Royals with my mother. One time we were on the run, and we almost got caught by the royal family. It was more of my fault. I wanted to go to a store that was too public, and I wasn't wearing the charm my mother put on me. I thought that that was it that I was going to die because I was ambushed by two Hundjager's.

But then this human, I'm almost positive he was human I never saw him woge, at least. But here he comes in, killing both Hundjager's and rescuing me, bringing me back to my mother safe and sound. That was only the first time I met him. I met him three other times in similar incidents. And he is a good man.

I told him I owe him a favor, even as a kid, but he just waved me off, saying maybe sometime in the future. I guess this was the time in the future, but it wasn't exactly the favor I thought he was going to ask me. I thought maybe if he was in trouble or something, I could help him, but it seems he just wants to ship his son off to me. Which is probably the most effortless favor I can comply with. He had said he wanted me to give his son a job at the station, just to keep him out of trouble for the summer. Apparently, he was a troublemaker. I checked his file in the police database. I wasn't expecting to find one in general, but I found one. It was kind of racked up with a few charges.

Mainly a bunch of speeding tickets, but I'm assuming his father took care of them since it's not that many. Apparently, he's a sheriff now. But there was a kidnapping charge and a few charges of him being at crime scenes when he wasn't supposed to. There are also a few charges of him calling and reporting crimes. His father said he wanted to become a police officer, but even this is a bit much. I can handle a troublemaker. Typically I would give them a bunch of paperwork.

But since it's Stilinski's kid, I might as well let him work some field cases with a good detective or two. I mean, he is John's kid, so maybe he's aspiring to be like his father. John did say he was a smart kid, so he has that going for him. I'll see how it works out. I owe him more than one favor, so this is nothing. Also, you can tell a lot about a parent through a kid, so I like to see what kind of kid he raised. Even though just imagining he has a kid is weird for me.

Back to the present...

Stiles POV:

The detective dropped me off at the hotel; the car ride was utterly awkward because he did not talk at all, and I didn't really know what to talk about either, so it was completely quiet and complete torture. Once I got back, I went right to sleep because I was kind of tired. And a little bit jet-lagged.

I'm still so curious about what a Grimm is and how I could possibly be one. Also, I still don't know what that guy is. Is there more like him I'm assuming there is. It would only make sense. He didn't say Grimm's were hunters of his kind, so that leads to there being more of than just him. And I already know werewolves exist, so I'm guessing there's more out there. It's so cool. I'd love to get my hands on some information about this stuff, but for now, the only information source I have is locked in a prison cell. Oh, joy.

The next day...

Stiles POV:

I got up the next day I had to be there by 9 o'clock, which was pretty a late start to the day since I normally leave for school at seven and I have to be there by eight so it's not that bad. Also, I really like the work that I'm doing even though it's paperwork; it's so easy because I've looked over my father's shoulder for years doing this. But I wish I could just get my hands on a case. I miss researching information about the next big bad. I don't exactly miss the anxiety that comes with that, but I definitely miss the actual research and trying to figure stuff out. It fuels my brain, and it's the coolest thing. That's why I really wanna solve the case even if I could just look at old cases or something, maybe unsolved ones.

Honestly, anything to relieve the boredom that is paperwork. But at least Wu seems impressed with my skill at filling out paperwork and doing it very quickly. He's a really nice guy, even though I've only met him for a day I feel like we could be good friends we have similar sarcastic natures and we clash kind of well. I'm glad he's basically in charge of me I feel like I can get away with doing more stupid things then if I had detective Nick watching over me.

Also, I still can't get over that he is also a Grimm. Judging by my mugger's face, When I first met him, and when he identified Nick has a Grimm, he looked surprised as if it was rare. I'm just speculating, but if being a Grimm is rare, then what are the chances that there are two in the exact same spot I wonder if Nick knows.

Also, it was weird because if I remember correctly when the were-lizard guy shifted Hank didn't seem to know. It's almost like he didn't realize it was happening, which is weird because how come only I could see it and I guess Nick saw it as well. It's almost like Hank couldn't see it because he didn't react at all. I've been thinking about this for a very long time. Basically, all night long. I really need to talk to that guy.

Apparently, luck was on my side today because Wu let me know that the were-lizard dude was being released today. They said since I wasn't charging him, they had no reason to hold him and so they were going to let him go. Though Wu tried to convince me that I should press charges at least three more times before I saw him get released.

I took my chance when you went to go get some paperwork I quickly scribbled my new number on a scrap of paper and ran over and handed it to, who I now know it is named Daniel, and told him to call me because we need to talk. This time I got away before someone saw me talking to him. As I said, luck was on my side today.

/

<><><>

Notes:

I'm lowkey having nightmares from the movie, sighing.

Oh well, at least this is distracting me well enough.