I'm You're First

Notes:

I just out from my volunteer work and I catered a movie showing and they were watching "Us", and every little sound is setting me off.

I don't like scary movies. I can write them all day long but watching them hells no.

<><><>

/

"Kanima, what is that? No, you're a Grimm."

I paused Grimm, like the Grimm brothers, the people who wrote fairy tales, well maybe not fairy tales now that I think about it. Wow, I wonder if they are all real stories, maybe I should read them again. I read it once when I was younger with my parents but that was so long ago, I'm iffy on most of the tales. Are all fairy tales real, oh I hope bigfoot is real that'd be so cool and like maybe I can actually find him, her, them? Okay getting way off-topic.

"What's a Grimm?" I ask because I still feel no closer to getting.

The man didn't say anything, he seemed to be debating something but finally, he started talking,

"A Grimm is a hunter, they hunt my kind. You're a Grimm, it's in your eyes."

His face looked like he was reluctant to say any of that. But hunter, I'm not a hunter. And what's this about my eyes, what is happening?

"I don't understand, how did I become a Grimm or whatever? And you still haven't said what you are. I just want to kno-."

Before I can finish talking detectives Nick and Hank walk in, startling both of us, it causes my mugger to shift again. Which I looked at his face in closer detail again, it was way cooler than jack-ass Jackson's Kanima shift, also a bit less scary, since as far as I can tell it's only his head. He shifts back too quickly, but his face is terrified again, he grabs my shirt and pulls me over the table suddenly.

"Whaaa- wait!" I yelled falling over to the other side easily.

Before he gets pulled away he whispers something in my ear,

"He's a Grimm too."

But before he can say anymore Hank drags him to the other side of the room, while Nick drags me out of the room. Once outside I get checked over by an angry Nick and a concerned Wu.

"I'm fine, I'm fine really. He didn't do anything." I say pushing their hands off.

Wu looks pissed,

"Were charging him for assaulting an officer," he tells Nick.

"Wait I'm not a police officer, and I'm not pressing charges. Seriously if he hurt me in any way I'd get him back. The legal way of course." I add the last part when both cops give me that cop look.

Well, it used to be just my dad's look, but they have it down as well.

"He can't hurt you if you press charges. Also, what were you even doing in there in the first place? He may have been a dangerous criminal, you could've got extremely hurt."

I just sighed, I kinda hoped they forgot about that.

"Yeah sorry I was just curious about something, but it's nothing. I really don't want to press charges, he seemed like an okay person in a bad situation. I think you guys just startled him coming into the room. He was nice enough to talk to." I said, trying to get him out of his crime.

I wanted to ask him more questions uninterrupted. Also, I want to know what exactly a Grimm is. Even if Nick is somehow a Grimm, I'm not gonna trust a hunter so easily. I learn from my own mistakes, or at least try to.

They both seemed unimpressed but they didn't push it. Wu walked me back to a desk and handed me a few more papers to which he told me to finish them up and then go home for the night. I sighed and just finished it up. I did notice that Wu, Nick, and Hank all walked into the captains' office. God, I hope they are not talking about me. They most definitely are, since the were-lizard guy pulled me over the table. Damn, there goes my somewhat plan to talk to that guy.

Nick POV:

Once Wu joined us in the captain's office we shut the door and started our conversation about our new intern.

"So how was Stiles?" The captain asks.

Hank and I just sigh, he's a piece of work, honestly, he seems more inclined to end up in jail because he doesn't listen to directions and is sarcastic. But Wu likes him at least.

"Oh, he's great. He does all the paperwork I give him in minutes and he definitely knows his way around police work, he never asks how things are supposed to be done, he just does it. He is very smart, but he needs to learn how to listen to directions and some self-awareness." Wu says giving the kid pretty high praise.

The captain looked between us,

"It's his first day what'd he do?"

Hank answered,

"The guy he reportedly said mugged him yesterday, he snuck into interrogation and questioned him about something. Then when we came back the guy, Daniel Brown, grabbed him and hauled him over the desk before we got him back out."

The captain's face looked surprised,

"Is Stiles okay? Are we pressing charges?" He asked Wu.

I decided to speak,

"Well, we were. The kid swears up and down that Mr. Brown is a good guy and that we should just let him go. I don't know what convinced him of that but he is refusing to press charges." I'm as confused as before.

"Also Mr. Brown is Wesen. He's a Skalengeck."

Hank and Wu looked surprised.

"Just because he's a Wesen doesn't prove he's a bad guy. But I guess a Skalengeck would cause trouble. Does he know you're a Grimm?" The captain asks.

"Yeah, he looked right at me when he vouged."

The captain shrugged his shoulders,

"Well, for now, we'll hold him overnight. Then let him go. If he bothers anyone or Stiles, just ignore the kid and arrest him."

Wu nodded and left walking by Stiles looking over his shoulder, snooping. Hank just sighed and clapped me on the back.

"And off I go home. See you guys tomorrow." He says as he leaves, shouting bye to Stiles as well.

I nod to the captain and go to my desk collecting my stuff. I'm almost out when I see the kid walking in front of me.

"Hey, you need a ride?" I ask he's gotten into enough trouble might as well make sure he gets home okay.

Stiles turns and agrees. Once we get in the car silence ensues. I don't really know what to talk to a teenager about and I don't think the kid likes me too much. What an awkward car ride to Stiles' hotel.

/

<><><>

Notes:

I have a tummy ache. *cry*