Fourteenth Endeavor: Desire

Warning: There are sexual scenes / smut in this chapter, but nothing overly descriptive (ie. foreplay is the main subject, and limited parts from the actual act of intercourse are discussed). Even so, if such material is not suitable to your liking, you are more than welcome to glaze over it. Thank you, and stay safe, readers.

-

In all his years of prowling and roaming the Earth, never before had Erwin been graced with an incessant throbbing in his heart and core. Like the fires splayed across the Underworld, a motivational desire was lapping from inside Erwin, along with an aching pain striking him straight in the left side of his chest. There was an urgency to fulfill something within him, however, not what was predicted of Aeshma's meddling inside of his mind. 

Erwin tossed and turned, weaving himself into a suffocating bundle of crumpled linen and bulky blankets. The bed Naomi had spent tiresome hours perfecting was practically ruined, what with the demon's rampant tendency to roll from one side to the other and swaddle himself unintentionally. It was torture, agonizing torture that enveloped Erwin in his cocoon of cotton sheets, as if a rigid blade had lanced him through the heart, its jagged edges mutilating the blood-filled organ repeatedly each time his thoughts reverted back to a umber-haired mortal.

As though a string was bound between the two, Erwin winced each time his heartstrings tightened, their normally melodious tune now a cacophony of unsatisfied longing. No entity could possibly harbor the ability to strangle Erwin's earthly contractions and dialiations, especially a mere mortal who fostered high-quantities of optimism even after the genocide of her people and a savage attack against her femininity. Naomi herself was excruciatingly damaged, yet she still found space in her heart to nurse amorous feelings for a murderous demon, a quality which drove Erwin's bosom insane.

Throwing the bed sheets off of his frame in an exasperated manner, Erwin climbed out of bed, fully aware of the immense problem he was facing. However, a reassurance was needed to assist Erwin further, especially after Naomi's strange words a few nights prior. She had disclosed to him something close to a romantic affection for the male, given that she kissed him and spoke to him of her troubles, but now Erwin was void without her beside him, his sleep growing colder by the hours he spent in solitude.

The floorboards creaked quietly in the two-story abode as Erwin navigated the dark corridors, his palms patting the walls for balance in the stillness of the gloomy night. The rain was whipping against the glass panes of each and every window in house, the howling winds and violent tapping of the downpour filling the living room with a eerie sound. Heaving a anxious sigh, Erwin felt around for the railing of the staircase, ignoring the forlorn scene beyond the bow window.

With each step, the stairs squeaked their bothersome groans, increasing the trepidation and apprehension brimming from within Erwin's chest. By the time he had reached the second floor, his heart weighed twice as heavy, the dense mass a burdening affliction once he reached a familiar and comforting destination.

The bedroom light still glowed warmly and seeped out from under the slits in the door, confirming Erwin that the brunette he yearned to see was still awake. He was ashamed, really, having to barge into a woman's sleeping quarters so late at night in order to ascertain the unfamiliar longing damaging his poor heart. Although, it was necessary for him; if anyone knew the answer to his bizarre behavior, it would be Naomi.

With a calming inhale of air, Erwin steadily twisted the doorknob and opened the wooden object, the palpitating turmoil in his chest only growing stronger when his azure sight fell on that of the mossy-eyed mortal.

Naomi was preoccupied with reading a novel when Erwin snuck in unannounced, her frame clothed in sheer nightclothes that accentuated her figure flawlessly. Of course, she was without her robe, and the dim lighting shone through her translucent fabric, allowing Erwin to gander at Naomi's womanly attributes. It would be a fallacy to state that Erwin's vision fixated itself more than once to the area below her collarbone, where her soft creamy skin lay waiting with equally soft pink buds.