Fifth Endeavor: Contract

With the days passing leisurely, and hours filled documenting Erwin and his behavioral patterns, Levi and Naomi soon found little to no time for domestic activities like grocery shopping or relevant research. Irked by the sudden disappearance of certain items both in the cabinets and refrigerator, Levi demanded that he and Naomi embark on an outing to replenish the necessities within a limited time frame. Naomi, who was gleeful and tolerant as ever, agreed whole-heartedly to the idea and raced upstairs to change into suitable clothing.

Levi shook his head at her excitable attitude, and trekked off to his own bedroom on the first floor to do the same. Shutting the door behind him once he ventured inside, he went straight to the closet, rummaging through the variety of clothes he had acquired since he moved to Salge. Organized by color and type, Levi filtered through the assortment of hanging fabrics until he reached a section filled entirely with dreary-hued clothes.

Withdrawing a porpoise sweatshirt, grey undershirt and onyx jeans, Levi carelessly tossed the items onto his bed and proceeded to strip himself of his casual wear, dumping those in a nearby laundry hamper afterwards. Glancing down with a blank stare, the raven-haired male sighed and fluttered his dark lashes, exhaling a sigh as he continued dressing himself.

It was bleak, the world they lived in, and the never-ending rain was just another factor that shed a despairing light on Salge. Conformity, such a word left a bitter taste in Levi's mouth whenever protocols were announced or government-issued broadcasts infiltrated the television networks.

How? pondered Levi as he wriggled into the tight, grey tank top and stretched it accordingly around his figure. How did the world become so wretched and corrupt overnight? Rather, that's what it feels like to me.

Sliding into his jeans and zipping them up, Levi pressed his lips into a thin line as he pushed the sole button through its slit. Grazing his hands down his abdomen to relieve his undershirt of any remaining wrinkles, Levi admired the muscles underneath the thin fabric, proud that he dedicated a portion of his time to staying in shape.

Levi grabbed his sweatshirt and squirmed into it with ease, the cuffs narrow around his wrists, but the rest of the muted over shirt left more than enough wiggle room. Inhaling a deep breath through his nose and expiring it from his mouth, Levi reached over and opened his nightstand drawer, taking out a small pocketbook and stuffing it in his jeans' pocket before leaving the bedroom.

Naomi was already lounging in the living room when Levi strode in, her stocking-clad legs swinging back and forth as she stared at the simple ebony flats adorning her feet. Tapping her shoulder, Levi watched as Naomi tilted her head back and smiled at her cousin, then rose to standing with her usual polite posture. Levi scanned her figure for a moment, noticing the sable-laced dress she had decided to wear, as well as the coal satchel that was slung over her shoulders for her belongings.

Even though it was the dress code, black was fitting for Naomi's frame, since it accentuated her wide hips and moderate chest size. Her hair was incredibly short though compared to the public's similarity, but it suited her facial structure, along with her body type. Levi fixated his gaze to his younger cousin, her smile widening when she glanced back at his rainy irises.

Then, Naomi bent her knees a tad, placing her hands on the sides of Levi's torso. The older male cleared his throat at her action, realizing that she was merely smoothing out the creases and tampering with the sweatshirt's fit on her cousin's toned body. The brunette curled her fingers around the hem of Levi's over shirt, her thumb and index pinching the seamed area and tugging the article of clothing down over the belt loops of her cousin's jeans.

"Perfect," she praised herself, regaining a straight posture and clasping her hands in accomplishment.

"You didn't have to do that," muttered Levi, a peeved tone lingering in his gravelly voice.