Third Endeavor: Imprisonment

The stone walls of the basement flickered with images of people, their movements blurry from the luminescence of a few mounted torches. Connected to the slabs of rock, armored blocks of metal were embedded into the concrete, chains dangling between an empty space until their connection ended at numerous heavy duty collars and bindings. Within the shackles, the Aryan demon wriggled furiously, his hefty figure incapacitated in numerous areas such as his neck, wrists, waist and ankles.

Snarling, the humanoid creature veered his head in the direction of his captors, grappling with the hindrances hooked around his various body parts. Paying no heed to the demon's odd squirming habits, Levi was content with skimming a textbook on the other side of the room, its pages continuously being flipped back and forth. Naomi, however, was enthralled in witnessing the figure writhe with perplexed and inquisitive eyes, as if he were an interesting television program.

Levi, who dubbed his younger cousin's behavior as sadistic, restrained himself from standing within close range of the abominable demon; the cast coupled to his left arm was enough of a reminder not to trust the murderous beast. Periodically, their "guest" would twitch and groan in his miniature prison, Levi merely flickering his vapid glower from his treatise to the housemate without displaying any remorse or pity.

Naomi, on the other hand, would normally outstretch a hand to console the Essulle male, only for him to growl viciously and hiss with a seething vehemence at the much smaller woman. Bizarre as she was, Naomi received each response with a quivering smile, retracting her hand and murmuring, "Perhaps you need a bit more time to adjust."

"Oh, quit treating that thing like it's a person," Levi reprimanded, snapping his tome shut with a solid thud. "How long have we had him down here? About . . . five days now? All he thinks about is removing that bondage gear and stuffing his belly with our intestines."

Exhaling a solemn breath, Naomi pressed her palms onto her thighs, rising from her seated position on the icy floor to an upright one. "He's just so . . . intriguing to study," she drawled, twisting her upper half to crack her spine. "I mean, even though he's shown no signs of improvement or communication, he welcomes our appearances with adorable grunts and moans! Isn't he just a peculiar specimen?"

"You find those sickening noises cute?" Levi questioned in a dry tone, absentmindedly thumbing his sling and blinking his narrowed eyes to scan Naomi's dimly lit frame. "If you ask me, all I hear is a fucking hog whenever that beast glares at us with those monstrous blue circles you call eyes!"

Preferring not to argue with her older cousin, Naomi huffed indignantly and redirected her attention to the larger male incarcerated to the wall. Bending down, Naomi giggled and whispered, "Don't mind him, Levi is just overprotective of his little cousin. He's afraid you'll go berserk and try to hurt me like you did him."

And I wouldn't hesitate, the demon threatened in his mind. I would watch your back, girlie; that is, unless you want your still-beating heart maimed when you fucking release me from this absurd internment.

Nevertheless, Naomi grinned at the demon and beckoned for her brooding relative to join her upstairs with an inviting motion of her left hand. Documenting the apprehended entity was a crucial slice in their experimenting process, and Naomi required Levi's skills when it came to quick typing and neater handwriting. It wasn't that Naomi's penmanship was sloppy-it was actually far from it-but perhaps it resided within the fact that Levi refused to handle the being in any shape or form, so his assistance was vital in regards to the written reports.

As Levi and Naomi ascended the planked staircase to the ground floor, the demon was limited to viewing the humans abandon him for the day, never to return until the door opened hours later and the house glowed with warm sunlight. Heaving a gruff sigh, the Essulle shifted onto his right side, avoiding the opportunity to stare at the wall for the remainder of the night.