Chapter 24 ~ Shut Up

It was 4 days after El had broken up with Mike, and there was still no speak of him. It was Thursday, and I'd walked home with El.
     Neil must be on his man-period or something, because he's been extra mean lately. Since Eleven knows about everything now, she lets me come over whenever, whether I give notice or not. I try my best to always let her know, but sometimes I'll be walking from school, hear a crash come from inside my house, and just turn around. Joyce doesn't mind either, of course; she's always been awesome, and Jonathan is super chill too.
     Will and I are pretty close as well. We always have been, which I think is because we both secretly know that the other is gay, but now it's almost like he's my brother. It's also nice to be able to hang out with him and not have to worry about him crushing on me, and I'd bet he feels the same.
     El and I were currently sat on her bed, side by side, rereading the same old Wonder Woman comics. I couldn't care less, though— if El was involved, no matter the activity, I was in for it.
     After a bit longer, I closed the comic, having reached the end. "What now?" El asked. Wordlessly, I flipped the opposite direction she was facing, my feet now propped up on her bed board. "What are you doing?" She asked again. I shrugged. "Weirdo," she teased.
"Hey!" I responded, shoving her head lightly with my foot. She swatted my foot away from her, trying her best to look angry and keep a straight face. "El!" I suddenly exclaimed, excited, having had the best idea to make her flustered. I sat up and planted myself on her lap and then proceeded to wrap my arms around her neck and got close to her face. "I have two words for you," I started, then after a pause sternly added, "Don't. Smile." She was caught in my trap, appearing to be completely mesmerized by me. I smirk played at my lips, quickly taking over my face. Our faces still sat inches apart, our lips attracted to each other like magnets. I heard her breath hitch, and I leaned in, but to her(and maybe my) dismay, I ghosted her lips, finding her left ear. I tucked her curly brown locks gently behind it and murmured, "You know, the point of that was to make you smile when you were so desperately trying not to, but you're such a bottom that you just got all cute and flustered."
     Suddenly the door clicked open. I whipped my head around to find Will standing in the doorway. I began to grow nervous, but Will shattered all of my worry by letting out three simple words: "I knew it!"
     My crush still appeared to be in shock, so after smiling to myself, I spoke for the both of us. "You knew what?"
     "You two totally have a thing for each other! I called it," he answered. I kinda figured he could tell.
     I decided this was a great time to confront him about himself. "Like you and Mike?" Fear flashed through his eyes.
     "What?! No..."
     "Oh come on, do you really think we're homophobic?" I asked him, motioning to El and I and raising an eyebrow. Thank god Joyce was at work and Jonathan's music was so loud he couldn't hear a thing.
     Will raised his arms in the air in surrender. "Ugh, fine, yes, you caught me."
     "What's 'ho-mo-phob-ic'?" El asked, stuttering out the long word. I smiled brightly at her pure innocence, still looking towards Will. A couple days ago I'd had to explain what a bottom was. That'd been fun.
     I turned to her and, holding her face in my hands, dramatically said, "It means that you don't like gay people, lovie. Gay as in every person in this house." I laughed and added, "Well, minus Jonathan."
     "Why?" She looked confused.
     I just shrugged, but Will, in a mocking voice, said, "It's against the Bible." Will and I seemed to roll our eyes in sync, which made me chuckle. El still looked confused, so I turned back to her and grabbed her face, pouting my lip ever so slightly.
     "They're just dumb." I said flatly. She still looked a little confused but nodded. "So," I said, dropping my hands to my sides and facing Will, "Have you told him yet?"
     "No. And I don't plan to. He doesn't like me, he likes El," he sighed, looking a little disgusted at the idea that he could like El.
     I enthusiastically put my hands over the brunette's ears and, still facing Will, said, "Hey! Who wouldn't like her?" When he opened his mouth to speak, I turned towards her, looking into her eyes, and gushed, "Just look at her face. She's fucking adorable." It felt so nice just to say it out loud. I dropped one hand, keeping the other on her cheek. I gently held her hand as I whispered, "Danger's gone, baby." I blushed a little myself after accidentally calling El "baby," but she blushed more, so I guess she couldn't have minded it. She looked down, flustered, and a huge smile took over my face. Will made a gagging sound from the doorway and I turned to him, rolling my eyes. "Cmon, you know it was cute." Now he rolled his eyes. "But for real though, he totally likes you back. He's just too dumb to know. Clearly he's the top, so-"
     "Hey!" Will protested, looking like he was trying really hard to appear offended.
     I held my hands up in the air. "Just facts, my man. As I was saying, you have to do something to make him realize, but you'll never be able to pull off flustering him, so you just need to find a way to confuse him."
     "What? I don't wanna confuse him." He paused for a moment before adding jokingly, "Also, rude!"
     "Shut up, you baby. Do you want help or not?"
     He rolled his eyes for the umpteenth time, trying to appear annoyed, but nodded. "I don't understand boys," I said, sounding disgusted at the simple mentioning of the male species, "but maybe just sit closer to him in the couch then you usually do. Say something stupid that he'd actually find hot, you know, like 'make me' or something. Just really get in his head. I can totally tell he likes you, but he's such an idiot that he can't see it."
     "He's not an idiot," Will said, a bit agitated.
     "Right. Sorry," I apologized.
     "Well, thanks, I guess. Have fun smooching!" Before I could protest, he walked away and shut the door to El's room. Eleven laughed.
     "Hey! It's not funny," I joked, beginning to laugh myself. Just then, an idea for revenge came to my mind. "Ambush..?" I asked wearily, raising an eyebrow.
     "What's that?"
     I giggled, finding her obliviousness adorable. "Like, we go to his room and attack him. A-m-b-u-s-h," I informed, spelling out the word for her.
     "Yes!" She exclaimed, giggling with excitement.
     We tip-toed to her door and I silently clicked it open. We quietly made our way to the living room, where Will was sat on the couch, consumed by the TV. We snuck up right behind him and ducked down. I held up one hand, subtracting one finger each second.
     5, 4, 3, 2, 1!
     We jumped up, yelling, causing Will to scream. El pounced, landing lightly on top of him, and I quickly followed suit. He fought a bit but quickly gave, and El and I got off of him. He laughed, "Jesus, you guys are insane."
     As if it had been planned, both El and I smiled and said, "Yup!" We both turned on our heels and walked off in sync, causing us to begin cracking up. I grabbed her hand as we laughed, begging to run back to her room. I pulled the door open, pulled El inside, and shut it behind me. We rolled around like five-year-olds, on the floor, wrestling, for a good ten minutes, before we grew tired.
Now, we were sprawled upon the floor, panting and laughing. El scooted shyly closer and I pulled her in further, giggling. "You're a dork," I joked. She stabbed me in the side with her elbow and I responded by gently kicking her shin.
     "Rude," she mumbled, sounding offended. But of course, a smile owned her face the whole time. After a short pause, she wearily gushed, "I know I keep saying it, but I really love you." My crush smiled nervously, but she also looked happy with herself.
     "You could say it all day every day and I'd never get tired of it. That could be the only thing you ever said to me and I still wouldn't. I love you, too, El. So much," I murmured, facing her. I booped her nose, sound effect and all, causing both of us to giggle.
     "Hey!" She snapped jokingly.
     "Oh, shut up," I teased.

Hi kids!

Question timeeeeee: Would it be helpful if I put a really short recap of the last chapter at the beginning of the latest chapter? Sometimes I forget what happened in a story, and I have to skim over a chapter or two to remember. Helpful or just annoying? Be honest; I don't intend to annoy you(but maybe my past self did, cuz jeez, was I annoying. Watch me say that again in 3 months-)

Anyway, I hope you're enjoying this Elmax action, but don't get too excited because as the author it's my job to screw everything up! I know you love me.

Word Count: 1642

-eight