⁰¹𝐒𝐡𝐞

She never talks. And I have always wondered why. Last year was my first year here—and I thought making friends with her would be easy, and fun. But it was hard—it was like she didn't want any friends.

Her name is Y/n Y/m/n Pelletier. She's French—which I think is adorable. Not completely French though...unless she is. It's hard to tell—she doesn't talk.

Her father is a billionaire that travels around the world. Her mother is a successful businesswoman who owns a bunch of companies. As for Y/n—she's an only child who doesn't talk.

She's a smart individual. Intelligent, elaborate. A straight A-student on every subject—especially chemistry. As for me—a straight a-b-c-student.

Y/n has never dated someone. And I don't think she ever will. Or will ever try to. I can't help but say I have a small crush on her. She's fragile—like a porcelain doll. Her skin, pure and soft. Her eyes shine as bright as diamonds. And her lips are soft and pink. But that's just from observing - I doubt that I'll have a chance to experience everything.

"Miss Grande!" A ruler slams down on my wooden desk in front of me, causing me to jump in my seat, "would you like to join us?" Ms. William raised a eyebrow in question. She was the strictest teacher in Florida—I swear.

"I apologize Ms. William-" she puts her finger in my face to stop me from speaking any longer- "detention after school." I open my mouth to say something, but quickly shut it when she gives me a mean glare.

I look down at the floor and fiddle with my fingers, "yes—Ms. William." She continued with her lesson. I shift my gaze up to the chalk board only to be met with a periodic chart.

I hated chemistry so very much.

* * *

This isn't my first time getting detention—it's actually my fourth time this year. It's only October.

I walk into the classroom filled with snoring and pen tapping kids. I bite my lip and sit in my usual seat in the back of the room—where I can pull out my phone and listen to music.

"Alright, everyone. Welcome to detention. I see no one in here is new-" Mr. Clarke was by far the most attractive teacher here—but he was so mean. "-you guys and girl," Mr. Clarke winks at me with his arms crossed. I flip him off and look to the side. "-know what to do. Remember—no talking or interacting with each other."

* * *

Y/n walks home from the bus stop on the left side of the sidewalk—but walks on the right side of the sidewalk on the way to the bus stop. Most people don't see why this is important, but I think it's extremely important.

Y/n may be quiet, but she is still very clumsy—if you don't keep an eye on her, she may be in danger of tripping and falling. It happened last year—and she cried all the way back to her house with scrapped up knees.

Constant adult super vision.

* * *

"Why are you so interested in her, Ari?" Matt asks'. I roll my eyes and take a sip of my juice, "because she's cute. And tiny—and smart." I stare at Y/n from a distance. She eats alone—and from the experiences of last year, I respect her space.

"Ariana—you would die not being able to talk to her like a regular person. You would get bored quickly. I know you." Courtney smiles sweetly and I flip her off. "If I get a chance with her—then I'll bust her bubble. I'll be the reason she talks again." Confidence lingered in my voice with every word I said.