Chapter Eight

{Hey, wanna vote , comment, and follow meh? ;))

Picture: Arabella Holind

Darren's POV:

"I said I'm sorry, like, fifty billion times!" June whines as I give her the cold shoulder.

Again. It happened a-fucking-gain! I was so close to kissing West again and June walks in interrupting us! Wasn't it bad enough I nearly moaned when he touched my fucking nipple?

Kayden's sister groans and buries her face in a pillow. "You're a piece of work, let me tell ya," She whines again. "Anyway, Kaydie is gonna talk to West now, so get a move on."

I nod and move from the living room to outside Kayden and Sam's room. I hear West's random chatter about everything under the sun, and finally, after what seems like a century, Kayden talks about the one thing I was looking for.

"So... You and Xzavier are dating, huh?" He asks casually, and I can picture him trying to look cool but failing miserably.

"Yep! He's so adorable, Kayden! He's British!" West is gushing about his "perfect" boyfriend and making me jealous. "And the way he kisses! Oh man, let me tell ya: Instant boner."

Kayd chuckles, but my nails are digging so hard into the palm of my hand I'm afraid it'll start bleeding. "So that means you don't like Darren anymore?"

There's silence before "Anymore? I never really liked Darren," West says, causing my heart to break. "I like Xzavire a lot, maybe even love. I mean, Xzavier's nice, he actually likes me, and not to mention, he's so smart! Not that Darren isn't but... I don't know, I think I love Zavie."

My heart shatters into a million pieces, but just as I'm about to leave, the door opens. "I KNEW YOU WERE LISTENING!" West cries somewhat angrily. His eyes narrow and he crosses his arms. "What's up with you? You're acting... Differently..."

I cough and look at the ground, a blush no doubt creeping up my neck. "I'm not," I lie, my voice wavering and giving me right away. "I just... Have my period..."

West presses his lips together, trying not to laugh. "You have your period?" He chokes out, his voice cracking a bit due to trying not to laugh. "Since when did you turn into a girl?"

I chuckle a little. "Since right now," I tell him, stricking a girl pose. In the girliest voice I can manage, I bat my eyelashes and say "Tell me I'm pretty."

This has West cracking up, bending over and clutching his stomach. "Oh-oh my fucking God!" He giggles and wipes his eyes. "You're a very pretty girl, Darren."

I smile at him, but suddenly turn serious. "I'm sorry for eavesdropping. I heard my name and... Yeah... So, uh, double date still on for tomorrow?"

West nods his head eagerly, smiling all the while. "It's gonna be so much fun!" He cheers, bouncing a bit. "I can't wait! I should call Xzavier!"

I nod my head and watch him bounce back into Kayden's room, who is smiling sadly at me. I shrug it off and walk into the spare room, laying on the bed and calling Arabella.

"Hey baby!" Her high-pitched voice crackles through the phone, causing me to wince a bit. Why did I ever like her? "What's up?"

What's up? Well, for starters, I don't like you anymore, and the person I do like is a guy, which makes me question my sexuality. Said guy has a boyfriend and we're going on a double date with them, sound good?

I snicker softly. If only I could say that. "Nothing much, at Sam's house, how 'bout you?"

She starts up a story about this rude lady at the mall who said she looked fat in her jeans.