Chapter Four

{Whooooooa chapter four :D Vote, comment, follow... That is all! ENJOY LOVELY ONES!}

Picture: June Whitly

West's POV:

        Waking up is always the same: It seems way to good to be real. You're half-awake, so your senses are active, yet you still get that blankety feel of sleep for a while. It's like breaking the surface of water.

        You can say I am passionate when it comes to all things sleeping.

        You would be right.

        But waking up today is nothing like how it should be. First of all, I was slapped awake.

        Yes, slapped. By June, I might add. And apparently, it wasn't morning either, it was three o'clock in the afternoon. So here I am, half-awake and nibbling on a piece of toast as June tells me what my plans are today.

        "So, Xzavier is going to pick you up from my house," Junie explains while eating an orange. "You two are gonna go on a date, so wear something descent."

        My still somewhat foggy brain doesn't wrap around what she's saying for about a minute until I exclaim "What?!"

        June nods her head eagerly, taking a bite of orange segment. "Yep! With Xzavier, that guy I was telling you about," My friend smiles widder. "He is so cute, West, oh my God. Annnd he's twenty! How insanely amazing is that?"

        I crunch into the toast, chewing it thoughtfully before answering. "Yeah, I guess so..." I murmur and look at the table, now dusted with crumbs. "Two years older than me, extremely good looking, wants to go on a date with me... Are you shitting me right now?"

        "Nope," June says, popping the "p" when saying it. "This is him." She hands me her phone, a picture of a guy on her screen. The boy is highly attractive, his blondish brown hair set in waves across his forehead, and small smile set on his plump red lips. He has a cute little button nose and almond shaped eyes the color of chocolate.

        I can say without a doubt, he is fucking hot.

        June notices my expression and smirks. "Xzavier Resse, twenty year old heartthrob. He is taking you on a date, so finish eating quickly because you need to get ready!"

        As quickly as I can eat without choking and dying, I shove the remaining pieces of toast in my mouth, resulting in crumbs all over the floor.

        Just as I finish, my dad walks in, trying his hardest not to look disgusted by me. "Morning West, morning June," He greets with false cheer.

        June's eyes flicker to me, concern in her beautiful blue orbs. June is the only person besides my sister who knows I used to cut. Everyone saw my arms and legs and simply thought I was a clumsy kid, so I let them believe it. The only reason June knows is because she got a look at my arms a little too closely, saw the cuts, and made me tell her where they're from.

        She keeps a close eye on me whenever I get upset and tries her hardest to cheer me up.

        "What do you kids plan on doing today?" Dad asks as he quickly gulps down his water, probably hoping to get away from me as quickly as possible.

        June grabs my hand and smiles proudly. "West here is going on at date!" She squeals, causing me to chuckle. Seeing June so happy, my smile doesn't even falter when my fathers eyes fill with disdain. I'm so used to the disgusted, hate-filled glares my dad thinks he's so discrete with, it doesn't even bother me anymore.