Chapter 40: Mia

Catra's P.O.V

It had been a few months since the wedding. We hadn't addressed it but my stomach had grew a lot.

Adora hadn't had to fight but I had thought that it was better safer then sorry then Adora having to give birth to our kid. Maybe more if we felt like it.

Adora was out training while I was in our room when it happened. "Ow!" I sat up and my hand went immediately to my stomach. I looked down to the ground. It was like a puddle was spreading across the floor. Was there something leaking?

I looked down. It was coming from me. Oh shit.

"Glimmer! Bow! Anyone!" I screamed as loud as I could. I tried to get up but it was too hard. I fell off the bed and was on the ground. I didn't want to be on my stomach. I was afraid that would hurt the baby.

Finally I heard footsteps coming towards the room. Multiple.

"Oh my Etheria Catra!" Glimmer screamed. "Bow, we're bringing Catra to the infirmary and then we are getting Adora." Bow nodded as they both teleported me into the room where Kyle and the others had stayed. Everything was a blur of screaming and shouting and most of all pain. I know the Queen came into the room with me and stood beside me the whole time.

"It's going to be okay dear, just breathe. In and out. Deep breaths." She started to breathe the way she had told me to. So I could do what she was doing. I copied her breaths as she held my hand tightly.

Other people came into the room to help and I can't remember anything after that besides the baby being born. "It's a girl." Someone said. I looked beside me and there was the Queen. Still smiling. On my other side there was the baby. "Mia." As Adora and I had agreed on. As soon as she was placed into my arms the doors burst open and there was Adora, Bow and Glimmer. "Catra!" She ran to me and was about to pounce on me but she stopped herself, knowing she could hurt me.

"Is it.." I smiled at Adora as she was out of breath. "It's a girl." I said. Adora smiled and leaned down to me and looked at Mia in the face. "Hi Mia." She whispered as Mia's ears perked up at the sound of our voices. Mia nuzzled herself into my chest and was asleep. She had cried when she was born but she was the quietest and cutest baby just sleeping in my arms.

Adora stayed right next to me that night. She didn't go in our bed, even though she definitely could have. She stayed there until I was okay again. The Queen had stopped by to check on me. She came to see the baby too. Everyone had. We all had held her by the time she was three days old.

After about a month of staying put in the room we were finally able to go out of the infirmary and into our beds. It felt so good to sleep in a bed again. The Queen had gotten us a crib for Mia so we could all stay together.

Adora and I finally had everything we wanted. A family. A loving one. Where we were together.

"I missed this." I said while we were in bed. Mia was asleep in the crib next to us. "Me too." Adora said as she put her nose to mine.

"This is perfect. This is better then anything I could have ever imagined." Adora said as she looked up at the ceiling. She smiled as she held her arm out. "What are you doing?" I said as I too looked up at the ceiling. "Imagining the stars." She said as her arm fell and she looked at me with a smile.

I smiled back and kissed her. She was all I wanted.

She was my everything. I had to let her know that everyday. She was what made me whole. When I was with her I felt like nothing could go wrong. Even while we were fighting together nothing could go wrong with her.

I had to keep her. Make sure she stayed with me. Mia was my constant reminder that things can get better and today she definitely showed me. As Mia grew in the following months she sprinted blond hair with yellow eyes. She had a lighter skin tone then I did. She looked like both Adora and I.

Queen Angela had done miracle work. I made sure to thank her for everything. She reminded me that she only wanted to be treated like one of us. And to keep her in the loop with Glimmer and what was going on with them. I told her that I would.

Adora and I had taught Mia how to walk. Talking was a little hard but we got through it. Everything we went through, it was perfect.

A.N. This is indeed the last chapter. It's tough to end this but it had to be done. If any other chapters are wanted I will post a sequel. Until then there is an epilogue coming out soon.