Chapter 27: Date

Adora's P.O.V

Words. Something that I should be able to speak. Something I had learned about since I was born. But yet I wasn't able to speak them.

I tried to form sentences, and when I thought I had one, I tried to say it, but it would just stop right on the top of my tongue.

What Catra had told me. It didn't seem real. I always knew that Shadow Weaver was a terrible person, but what she had done. She had physically broken bones. Our bones. She had also beaten the others when they came back missing one piece of First Ones tech.

Was there other times where she had beaten me, but Catra wasn't there to see? If there was, what had she done? I looked up from my lap to look at Catra to see her smiling reassuringly at me as she stroked my cheek.

"Adora. It's hard to think about or even talk about. But if you want to, then you can. Shadow Weaver is a horrible person. But I will protect you. I promise."

I immediately felt myself being engulfed in anxiety and fear. The only thing I could think to do was to be with Catra. I felt myself reach for her and hug her. I started to cry again and this time I was silent. I felt my shoulders shake a little bit as Catra just sat with me, wrapping her arms around me.

She squeezed me closer to her as I just kept crying on her shoulder. What if we get separated? What if she leaves? Or dies? What am I going to do then? I'll be alone. No one to protect and no one to protect me. She cant leave me. She might. She probably will. I can't let that happen it can't happen.

Catra broke away from me and saw that I was breathing rapidly. I couldn't control my thoughts. It was getting to be too much for me. If Catra isn't here, Shadow Weaver could come back any second and take me and might even kill me. Or she could break me emotionally and I wouldn't have a clue.

"Adora! It's okay. What's wrong?" I started to get myself to calm down. My breathing went back to as normal as I could get it. "I can't go back to her. To the Fright Zone. If I do, I don't know what will happen to me. I could die. Or she could break me emotionally and I would have no idea. Maybe she would erase my memories of you."

Catra looked up at me and smiled. "Adora, are you crazy? I'm not going anywhere. I swear." Catra stood up and started to walk around the room.

I stood up and walked near Catra. "Adora. We need to do something. We need to get our stress out of us. Out of you mostly. This was a lot to put on you I'm sorry." I sighed and put my hand on Catra's shoulder. "It's okay Catra. I'm alright." Catra shook her head and put her hand on her face. She was stressed too.

"How about another date?" I suggested. Catra's eyes lit up as I said the word date. She had been waiting who knows how long for one and now I realized I had been too. But I had to talk to Glimmer first.

~2 hours later~

"Hey Glimmer?" I called as I walked into her room. I heard Bow laughing and Glimmer too. What the hell are they-?

I opened the door slowly and saw a SHIRTLESS BOW AND GLIMMER.

OKAY NOW I KNOW HOW SHE FELT HOLY SHIII-

I quickly decided that I didn't need Glimmers help.

I ran to my room and tried to think of what Catra and I could do together. I thought back to what Glimmer and Bow showed me when they first met me. Their idea of fun.

When I say that now their idea of fun is not a good idea.

I shivered in my shoes and then tried to think about what they did with me. We went to a party. Maybe that was something we could do. I'd have to surprise her. Would i have to wear something else or stay in what I was already wearing? 

I thought about what I would wear for a while but when Glimmer, Bow and I went I was still in my regular clothes besides the blue cloth I had. I decided to take my jacket off and put on the blue top they had given me. I grabbed a flower from outside my window from a bush. I put it in my hair near my ponytail where Glimmer had put it.

I walked down to Catra's room and saw her with her arm up looking at the ceiling on her back. "Hey Catra, what are you doing?" I said while trying not to laugh. She looked at me but kept her arm up. "I don't know. Thinking of what stars would look like. I heard the hologram lady talking about it with you that one time."

I smiled at her as she looked back up at the ceiling. "So i was thinking we go to a party type thing. A festival I think it's called." I said as I laid down next to her looking up at the ceiling.

"When is the next one?" Catra asked me. "I'm not sure. Glimmer would be the person to ask." I said while cringing to myself.

"Well why don't we go and ask her?" Catra said as she popped up and started to head for the door. I jumped up and grabbed her arm and saying, "No! She's not in the right place to be asked something." I said to her with an uncomfortable expression on my face.

She stepped towards me and kneeled down. "Why?" She asked me as she was sitting next to her bed. I gave her a look and somehow she knew exactly what I meant as she said, "Oh. Yeah we can, Uh, we can ask later." She said as I laughed.

"Don't worry kitten. We'll be there soon." "Be where?" Catra asked me with a smirk. "The festival.. or maybe wherever Glimmer is right now." Catra's face grew red as she fell and faked being shot with an arrow as she was on the floor.

I laughed at her as she smiled with her hand over her mouth. "Yes we'll be there soon." I replied as we waited for a while for Glimmer to be heard from the hallway.