Chapter 12: Training Grounds

No one's P.O.V

"Adora. Where is she?" Glimmer shook her head, tears welling up in her eyes. "I don't know. She's been gone for days-" "Precisely. Has she been captured? Killed? Is she lost?" Queen Angella has both of her hands on her head. "Mom. Bow and I can find her. The last time we saw her she said that she was going somewhere to learn about herself. She-ra and the sword."

"I can help." Catra walked into the room where Glimmer and Queen Angella were. "How can you do that?" Angella questioned her. "I think I've been there. The place where she can learn about She-ra and the sword. I think we can find her." Glimmer smiled and swiftly made her way towards Catra and pulled her towards her and hugged her. "Oh uh.. okay." Glimmer didn't notice Catra's discomfort and Queen Angella slightly pulled Glimmer away.

The Queen walked towards Catra and started to move her hand towards Catra's cheek. Catra pulled away slightly but Angella continued to move her hand to Catra's cheek. Catra flinched a bit as she felt the contact on her face.

"Thank you Catra. You're a great friend. Nothing will happen to you here don't worry. We trust you here and we will make sure that you are able to trust us and feel safe." Catra nodded as the Queen moved Catra's hair out of her face.

"Come on. Let's- Ugh!" Glimmer started glitch as she fell to the ground. The Queen sprinted towards Glimmer and held her in her arms. "Glimmer. What is this? Glimmer stop!" She didn't know? Catra thought. "It's fine mom. I'm- I'm fine." Angella sighed as Glimmer stopped glitching.

"Glimmer. I don't think it's safe for you to go out looking for Adora." "Mom-" "There is something wrong with you and I think the best thing for Adora is for you to stay here and rest." Glimmer tried to protest but Queen Angella kept her at the castle as Catra set out to find Adora.

Catra's P.O.V

As I walked, I thought back about what Queen Angella had said. "You are able to trust us and feel safe." I put my hand back on my cheek where Angella's hand had been. The way she had put it there so gently. Shadow Weaver used to do that. But the way that she was so careful of me, like if she touched me too harshly I would break into a million pieces.

Now I actually have a place to call home. The only time I ever felt safe was with Adora. I guess now we can both be safe. Around everyone. I stumbled over a branch and recognized. The one Adora had fallen over. I'm close.

I stepped over the branch and continued forward. As I stepped through a clearing in the trees I saw the 'ruin' as Adora called it. I tried to find the opening where Adora and I had gone through.

"Ugh. I swear Adora if you aren't in here I'm gonna kill you." I banged against the door so it would open, but it wasn't working. "Uh, E- Eternia?" The door suddenly started to open. Was not expecting that to work.

The door opened and I stepped inside as it closed behind me. Well Adora if you aren't in here I don't know how I'm going to get out. "Who are the First Ones?" "The First Ones were explorers who journeyed from beyond the stars to settle Etheria.They built this place for you, the Crystal Castle. Adora, I have waited so long for you. Now the time has come to show you your destiny." Her destiny? What the hell is this? "Great. I actually had a quest-" "You are She-ra, Etheria's champion, appointed by the First Ones to protect and unite our planet. There have been many before you. But the line was broken. You are the First She-ra in a thousand years."

Okay time to put a stop to this. I walked behind a pillar near Adora as the hologram started to walk away and kept talking. I whispered to Adora, "Adora." Adora turned and looked behind the pillar. "Catra?" I put my finger to my lips. "Come on we have to go." Adora looked confused. "Go? Catra I'm learning about She-ra. And maybe I could- I could help Glimmer if I knew more and-" I stepped out from behind the pillar I had been hiding from. I walked towards Adora and grabbed her face.