Chapter 14: My Valentine?

Adora's P.O.V

After we stepped through the pink pillar all hell started to break loose as we all started to fight our way out of the First One's Ruin.

About 20 minutes later we had finally made it out and were talking while we walked back to Bright Moon. "Oh my god! Glimmer! Do you know what today is?!" Bow excitedly said while tapping on Glimmer's shoulders. Glimmer's eyes lit up. "Valentines Day!"

Catra and I both looked at each other. "Valentines Day?" We both questioned in unison. "You guys don't-" Bow's eyes looked as though they were a puppy's that were begging for some sort of attention.

"What Bow is trying to say is.. you've never heard of Valentines Day?" Catra and I both once again looked at each other and shook our heads in unison. Glimmer gasped and smiled at us. Bow cheered up and looked at us with the same smile that Glimmer wore.

Catra shook her head and stepped back. "No, no I know this look. This is the same look they gave us the night of princess prom. Lovey dovey stuff that made us um. Well you know." Catra took another step back with her face going into a deep red. I felt myself smirking and then a weird feeling in my stomach.

I turned back around to see Bow and Glimmer smiling at me. "So what exactly are you two planning right now?" I asked tilting my head. "We are going to teach you about Valentines Day. I don't suppose you know what dates are do you?" Catra stepped forward smirking and looked at me. I could tell she knew something that I didn't.

Catra faced Bow and Glimmer and replied, "No clue. What is that?" She's playing dumb. But why? Glimmer and Bow looked at each other and laughed. "Let's get back to Bright Moon. Then we will tell you everything." Catra walked in front of me and pulled her tail up and flicked my nose and sped up walking.

I felt the weird feeling in my stomach again as she walked in front of me. I caught up with myself and started to walk again.

When we arrived at Bright Moon, Bow and Glimmer sat both Catra and I down and started to lecture us on Valentines Day first. "Well do either of you know what love is?" I looked towards Catra who stayed silently smirking at Glimmer but not batting an eye at me. "I will take your silence as a no. Love is seeing someone and wanted to just run up to them and hug them. Be with them all the time. Always thinking about them. Getting a weird feeling in your stomach when they are around you."

I looked at Catra once again just to see her smirking. "Now Valentines Day, is a holiday celebrating love. And those that you love." I looked towards Glimmer. Was that what love was? That weird feeling was it actually.. no. No way. "Now a date on the other hand.." Bow chirped in. "That's when you go out with someone you love. Get dinner, go to a movie or just do something you both like together."

"Haven't we been on a date then?" I asked Catra. She looked at me with a shocked look on her face. I had forgotten that a date was with someone you loved until I said that. Catra didn't say anything and Glimmer butted in.

"Well if you haven't why don't we just set one up for tonight? 6 o'clock sharp." Glimmer and Bow headed out of the room as Glimmer shouted, "Don't be late!" and left the room.

Catra still have me a shocked look but with a hint of smile in her expression. "I'm sorry I didn't know-" Catra stopped me from talking. "Adora it's okay. I knew what you meant. And even if you meant a real date I'm pretty sure we did too." Catra smiled at me and got up off the chair she was sitting in.

She walked towards me and outstretched her hand. "Ready for another date?" I smirked at her and took her hand as she helped me up and we walked to our rooms separately to get ready.

After about 20 minutes I finally found a nice baby blue dress and stepped outside my room where I found Catra waiting for me. I found myself staring at her in a dark blue blazer and dress pants. She had a black tie undone and a navy blue undershirt. I now understood that she would be dressing like this whenever anything was formal. Like.. Princess Prom.

Catra turned to me and stared also but caught herself before I even stopped myself from staring. Catra has taken notice of my staring and smirked towards me. "Take a picture, it'll last longer." Catra turned and flicked her tail on my nose just like she had done in the woods. I finally caught up with my thoughts and Catra all at once.

"You ready for this, princess?" Catra purred to me. I scrunch up my nose and rolled my eyes. "Sure. Kitten." Catra had the same surprised face she had when we had kissed at Princess Prom. I found myself  smiling at the memory as Catra stuttered and tried to recover her composure.

Catra reaches out her hand and I put my hand in hers. I felt myself having the same "butterfly" feeling Glimmer had explained to us at the moment. I could feel my palms start to sweat. Well at least with all that fur she won't be able to feel it. Hopefully.

Catra stopped walking and turned to me with one hand on the door handle and one hand still holding mine. "I feel like before we go on our 'date' I should ask you an important question." I waited for her to say more but she glanced at me almost asking permission to continue with her gaze.

"What is it?" I asked her. Catra looked back towards me with a smirk. "Will you be my Valentine?" I scoffed at her. "Yes." Catra went to say something to me but stopped herself, and with that, she turned around and opened the doors to our "date."

Oh god. This is gonna be fun.

A.N.~ I understand this is a little bit after Valentine's Day itself but I hope it has the same affect. Next chapter will be out soon! Hope you enjoyed!