Chapter 31: What Happened to You?

Adora's P.O.V

"Hey Adora, can I talk to you for a minute? Outside?" Catra asked me as I was listening to Lonnie and the others talk and laugh to themselves.

"Yeah sure." I said as I got up.

Catra's hand was still in mine as she led me outside our room. I thought that was where we would stay but she led me outside a door and stood on a balcony.

She stood at the edge while putting her free hand on the rail. "Is everything okay?" I asked her as I squeezed her hand. She nodded but I could see tears forming in her eyes.

"Catra.."

She turned to me as her other eye showed that she was crying. "Scorpia.. she got beat before we got to her. Shadow Weaver beat her up for Lonnie, Rogelio and Kyle. She got choked by Shadow Weaver and her magic. But what I'm trying to say is Shadow Weaver hasn't changed at all. Maybe even worse. But I feel like now would be a good time to tell you what happened to me."

I began nodding as I waited for Catra to explain on what Shadow Weaver had done. By the end of this i was sure that I would want Shadow Weaver dead.

"Do you remember when we were training, and Lonnie helped you win and i was in second?" Catra asked randomly. I said, "Yes." As I began to think back on what had happened.

"Well, when you had knocked me down. It kind of hurt a little. But it hurt that I was trying so hard to be on top and there you were. Everyone's favorite. Including Shadow Weavers. I didn't know what to do."

I went into the locker rooms and began to cry. I was so mad at myself but I couldn't scream, so I decided to try and cry to let myself have my emotions come out without having to make them anyone else's problem."

I tried to envision the locker room. It was hard too. It had been a few weeks since we had been in the Fright Zone, and maybe a month since I had seen the locker room. It seemed foreign.

"I was at the sink with both of my hands on the edge of it. I looked up in the mirror and saw Shadow Weaver behind me. I quickly jumped back and screamed as she grabbed me. She said, 'You are weak. You need to strengthen yourself. You should strive to be on top. You are nothing like Adora. You are worthless.' As she dragged me to her chambers."

I now saw Shadow Weaver's chambers in my head. When we had rescued Glimmer and Bow while Glimmer was near the machine to get her mind wiped. I never thought Shadow Weaver would use it on me. And I still couldn't remember anything.

"She beat me with something. I can't remember what. I was getting hit all over my body by something. It was invisible. Shadow Weaver must have been using her magic but I wasn't sure. I had been so tired from training. From actually trying to be number one."

Catra looked up at me as she stopped herself. She looked back down at our hands and sighed.

"This was a weekly routine. Whenever we had training she would hit me. Make me stronger. It was part of the training. Although she may have, I never got used to it. I never told anyone. I thought it was too much."

I stopped her as I turned my whole body towards her. "You could have told me. I was always there for you. At least I hope I was. I know even then that I felt something for you. Something that I didn't know. But I also know that I always wanted to be around you."

Catra nodded saying, "I know, but I thought it was too much for you. I just let her do it. Through the years it got worse. Shocks, throws, ripping out my fur. There are others but it just through me into something. I didn't know how to battle it."

I nodded as I tried to understand what she was getting at. There were so many things that I missed. Why could I not be there for her? Was I really that wrapped up in being a Force Captain?

"I know that you and I made plans to leave together. To get out of the Fright Zone. I don't know if it was because you wanted to go along with it or you knew somehow that something was happening to you. And me. But we pledged to leave together."

I nodded as I remembered. "I wanted to go wherever you went. I never wanted to leave you. I knew something was wrong even though I could tell what it was. I just wanted to make sure you were happy always."

Catra smiled as she squeezed my hand. "Well you did make me happy. At least whenever you were around. When I was by myself, I had a lot on my mind. Sometimes I even-"

Catra stopped before she could continue. I wasn't sure of what she was trying to say. I knew that it was nothing good. Nothing good. But I needed to hear it.

All I knew was that I needed to make sure she would never try to do it again.

A.N. So next chapter there will be a slight suicide warning as it helps with the story but if you are not comfortable reading I encourage you skip it. Thank you <3