Chapter 26: Adora

Adora's P.O.V

As Catra and I walked into our room, she sat in front of me. She was serious. This is bad. "Adora." Catra began. I looked down at my hands as she began to breathe less easily then she had been.

"Just start from the beginning." I said to her. "Well we were just kids still. In the beginning. Shadow Weaver, she-." Catra looked down with an angry expression. "She grabbed you and made me watch her."

Catra's P.O.V

Adora's mouth opened a little. But no words came out. I tried to think about what she had done. I had to. Adora wanted to know and I had to tell her everything.

~Flashback~

"Come on Adora!" Adora laughed as she chased after me. "Hey slow down!" I started to run faster as my tail flicked. I felt my ears twitch as I listened for Adora to run after to me. I didn't hear anything. I decided to retrace where I had run from. She was nowhere to be seen.

I saw Shadow Weaver's chambers and Shadow Weaver in there too. She looked like she was talking to someone. "Um Shadow Weaver?" I called to her. She turned around as a frozen Adora was floating behind her. I felt my body stiffen as I forced myself to walk closer to her.

"What are you doing!" I asked. Ever since Adora and I's last encounter with Shadow Weaver I had become a little stronger. I had with every encounter. So had Adora. But she didn't remember that she did. Shadow Weaver had noticed though.

"You insolent child. You don't belong here. What are you doing?" I stepped forward once again even though everything in me was telling to run, to leave. "I'm here for Adora. Let her go. Now!" I screamed at her. Shadow Weaver scoffed and snapped her fingers and I felt myself go numb to her will.

I couldn't move. "Now you've forced my hand. Watch you brat. See what will happen to you if this happens again." Shadow Weaver grabbed Adora by her wrist and twisted it until a snap could be heard. Adora screamed in pain. I felt myself cringe at her scream and I tried to break free of Shadow Weavers grip. It was no use. Her magic was too strong.

Shadow Weaver let go of Adora's wrist and then let her fall on her face. Adora curled into a ball and just cried there. I felt myself grow red and anger boil inside of me. Shadow Weaver came up to me and pointed her finger in my face. "If you cross me wrongly again, this won't be the last time. Get her out of here and never come back." She spat at me.

She let me loose as I fell on my feet. I ran towards Adora. "Are you okay?" I asked. She didn't move. She stayed in the ball and just kept crying. Her wrist was purple and swelling. "Here let me-" Adora slapped my hand. "No! Don't touch it! Please!" She screamed. I took a step back and nodded as she got up with one hand helping her do so.

She grabbed my hand with her unhurt hand. Even then Adora and I had a bond that we didn't know at the time could be anything more then friendship.

Later that night Adora and I were going to sleep. I had stayed at the bottom of her bed on her feet. To let her know I was there. I even had my tail where her hands usually were so if she woke up she could see it was there and that I was there.

At some point in the night I heard Adora get up and leave the bed. I opened my eyes to see Shadow Weaver leading her out of the room. I got up to run after them but I realized that she might hurt Adora again. I snuck around every corner and followed them to Shadow Weaver's chambers. What the?

I looked into the room to see Adora strapped onto a table and Shadow Weaver using her magic on Adora's head and then her arm. She was healing her. Why? I had no clue. I saw Shadow Weaver turn in my direction and ran back to Adora and I's bed.

The next morning Adora woke up and I asked her what she was doing last night and she thought I was crazy. I realized what Shadow Weaver was doing later that day.

After that there were minor things that happened to Adora that Shadow Weaver didn't bother erasing. With me, she didn't erase any. It only got worse for Adora as we grew older.

Adora has done bad at training? She did worse with Shadow Weaver. "What were you doing today? You're too distracted every time you're there. Or whenever you're with Catra. You have to let her go!" Shadow Weaver would always say. Shadow Weaver slapped Adora right across her face.

"Leave Catra! You're stupid for thinking for even a second that I would ever listen to you." Adora said. That day she had stood up for herself. She had been more and more. I was there for every time she had been there. I knew she would need me to explain one day. "What? You're going to regret that!" Shadow Weaver screamed.

She used her magic on Adora. Almost electrocuting her. I thought for sure she would die. But she always pulled through. Every time Shadow Weaver would leave, Adora would be curled into a ball crying and I would run to her and ask if she was okay.

That day I picked up Adora, bridal style and carried her to our bed. "It's okay Adora. I'm here. I'm here. I'm always going to be here. I will never leave you." Adora would cry and hug me on the floor next to our bed every time something like that happened.

It was her way of coping. She didn't know she did it every time but she did. I was always there every night seeing that Shadow Weaver would heal her and erase her memory. One night I had enough and stepped out.

"What the hell are you doing?" I said as I walked towards her. "You are such a child. Even still. I told you what would happen to you if you came in here. You just never listen. Do you?" She asked me. Stepping closer and closer with each step. "And you. Will have to live with this." Shadow Weaver used her magic to bend everything I had. I screamed as loud as I had ever screamed. No one did anything. If anyone heard me they ignored it. They knew what happened in the Fright Zone and they did nothing.

~End Flashback~

"The next morning I was as sore as ever, but I knew that at least I tried to stop her. She must have broken a few ribs after that night. I didn't want to ask for help with it. Or medicine. The day after I had gone through that it was training. Where Lonnie and you had not gone easy on me. When you all left I went into the lockeroom and cried. I couldn't take the pain. But I didn't want to ask for help. Back then I didn't think I needed it." Adora looked up at me and started to cry. I felt a tear slip from my eye as well.

Adora pulled me in for a hug. She knew now. What she had gone through. What I had. What we had gone through. We would never go through that again. I would protect her from Shadow Weaver now. She would never lay a hand on her again.