8 - Combined Effort

CHAPTER EIGHT: COMBINED EFFORT

      There were few moments in Alexandra Smith's life that she felt extremely powerful and one of them was today

There were few moments in Alexandra Smith's life that she felt extremely powerful and one of them was today. With her super-strength and her ability to manipulate cosmic energy combined, she felt like she was at her strongest. She was at her best and it was this that would hopefully help her beat Darkseid.

The alien in question was currently facing off against Cyborg and Shazam, who were both striking him with their respective attacks. Alex flew downwards and joined them, her eyes reduced to a less bright gold; but still, to those who could see how she looked, she looked scary. Joining the other two, she pointed her hands towards Darkseid, firing a steaming hot beam of cosmic energy at him.

Darkseid growled in anger and pain as he spun around, trying to resist the attacks on him. But, he failed as the three heroes kept up their assault on him. Angrily, the alien turned around and flew straight into Cyborg, grabbing him and slamming him into the ground. Darkseid started punching him before he tossed him through a wall.

Alex turned towards Shazam and nodded at the look on his face. Both of them had the same idea. Together, the two heroes flew at high speed towards Darkseid and with one furious motion, both of them slammed their fists against his back, creating almost a cloud of electricity and cosmic energy.

Darkseid once again yelled in pain, trying to resist the attacks. But once more, he failed. In anger, he turned around and made a swipe for them. Alex jumped out of the way, flying upwards. Unfortunately Shazam found himself caught in the alien's grip, who tossed him towards another wall.

"Hey asshole!" Alex yelled from her position. "Take this!"

Putting all her strength, she summoned a massive ball of cosmic energy. It glowed gold and blue, sparking, ready to be set free. Without even wasting a second, she hurled the ball of energy at Darkseid, sending him flying through a wall into a wall which immediately was destroyed. Alex let out a triumphant noise before she joined Wonder Woman (who looked absolutely perfect, as always) in hitting the alien further.

As Alex slammed her fist into Darkseid, chipping away at a piece of his armor, she heard Diana's voice call out to her.

"That was nicely done!" Diana yelled, before she slammed her fist through Darkseid, propelling him through the sky. Alex flew after her, and as did the others as all of them started attacking him once more. She twisted around, dodging the other alien creatures before once more blasting Darkseid with her cosmic energy. She was almost giddy with joy fighting him and nearly beating him. Admittedly, she felt like a total badass.