5 - Assembly

CHAPTER FIVE: ASSEMBLY

      "For Darkseid!"

"For Darkseid!"

Monstrous screeches echoed through the night as more and more of the aliens flew through the sky, landing in front of the four heroes. All of them got into a battle stance, ready to fight back. Alex had almost launched a cosmic blast at one of the creatures when she heard another battle cry, this time more resoundingly human.

She, Hal, Barry and Batman, all of them turned their head around at the same time only to see a woman, dressed in warrior garb, holding a lasso and a sword fly past them, landing right in the middle of the horde.

"Wonder Woman," Alex muttered in awe, staring slightly open-mouthed, watching as Diana motherfucking Prince took out an entire horde of alien creatures with such ease, that she almost felt jealous. But at the same time, Alex knew she was in the presence of a literal goddess.

Besides her, she heard Barry let out a surprised noise. "Holy..."

With one swing of her fist, Diana sent two of the monsters flying, both of whom crash landed into the others behind them, creating a fiery explosion. She threw her lasso around one of the monsters and swung it with force, throwing it into a building where it exploded into fire. The rest of the monsters she took out with ease, slashing and cutting them all with her swords.

Alex was definitely finding this a little hot. After all, Diana was her famous celebrity crush-esque superhero. She was so going to cry, seeing her fight in front of her. She was being such a fangirl.

One final slash and the last of the creatures (for now), was gone. Diana wiped the turquoise-like liquid that was the creatures' blood off her arms and swords and turned towards them, raising her sword for them.

"Greetings, warriors!" Diana greeted, sounding a little theatrical.

"Dibs," Hal looked towards Barry with a smirk before floating towards Wonder Woman, not realising the stiff look that had suddenly appeared on Alex's face.

"Hi," He started to say, but was interrupted as Superman flew down, landing right in between him and Diana. Alex walked forward with a smirk on her face, holding out her hand.