3 - Metropolis

CHAPTER THREE: METROPOLIS

      Flying to Metropolis in a plane construct made by Green Lantern?

Alex would rather have flown to Metropolis on her own. But seeing as they had to get to the city quickly, she had been forced to take a ride in a stupid plane made of nothing but green light. That had not been fun.

Once they arrived in Metropolis, Alex was the first one to jump out of the plane, followed by Batman. They stood on a rooftop in the middle of the city, with skyscrapers all around them. Batman had once again pulled out his small tablet, tracking Superman in all likelihood. The night sky was

"Superman's close," He stated. "I've been tracking his flight."

"Pfft. On what?" Hal scoffed, crossing his arms. "Your own satellite?"

Batman didn't answer; instead, he concentrated on the screen, looking at the blinking dots, which in all probability, indicated Superman's location.

"I was kidding," Hal's jaw dropped open out of surprise. "You have your own satellite?"

"Of course, he does," Alex said like it was the most obvious thing, even though she was also in awe of that fact. "He's Batman."

"Here he comes," Batman said, just a red and blue blur streaked through the night sky, right above their heads, before crashing through multiple buildings, leaving destruction behind him.

Hal turned to Alex with a smirk on his face. "First one to the building is..."

"What?" She scowled at him from underneath her mask. The sooner they got over with this, the sooner she could get home and get away from Lantern. He smirked again (did he really have to do that so much?) before the two of them turned their attention back to Batman. Or, where Batman had stood before because the rooftop was now empty, except for the two of them.

"I really hate that guy," Hal said, irritated. He jumped off the roof, green light surrounding him as he flew in pursuit of Batman. For the third, or fourth, or fifth time that night, Alex facepalmed. So brashness really was a trait that all superheroes had. (including her, but it's not like she'd ever admit it to anyone). And here she was, stuck with one of the most reckless and arrogant people she'd ever had the misfortune of meeting.