2 - Death Cry

CHAPTER TWO: DEATH CRY

      "So what's that thing doing in Gotham?"

Alex asked of Batman as they entered the dark and extremely dirty sewer. Her body was covered in a soft golden glow, just like Lantern's was covered in green light as they walked down the tunnel.

"Witnesses spotted this thing trying to plant some kind of bomb downtown," Batman told them, his voice gruff. "When the cops confronted it, it spewed fire from its mouth."

"Yeah, I noticed," Lantern said, hands on his hips. His voice held a certain degree of arrogance to it. "Fire's no problem for me. As I was saying, Green Lantern can do anything."

"Except shut up apparently," Batman muttered.

Alex snickered loudly. Patting Lantern's muscular arm in a very mocking way, she said, "You just got owned by Batman. How does that feel?"

Lantern just glared at her, before he turned back to Batman. "Wow, someone forgot to take their true blood tonight."

"I'm not a vampire."

"Seriously? I thought with the darkness and the vanishing and...then what? Super strength?"

"No," Batman stated bluntly.

"Can you fly?" Lantern asked, as they turned a corner. All the while, Alex chuckled to herself. She, of course, knew Batman didn't have any powers. She'd read up on him online and the one thing she had picked up about him was that he had insane skills, not just as a fighter. But also as a detective. One gossip blog (and yes, she read those) even called him the 'World's Greatest Detective'. Interesting name, she had thought at the time.

"In a plane."

"Wait," Lantern paused and hovered a few steps above the ground. "You're not just some guy in a bat costume, are you?"

Batman continued walking for a moment before he stopped and turned around, a small smirk on his face.

"Are you freaking kidding me?!" Lantern floated down and landed right in front of Batman, his tone holding his surprise and anger. "What? Nobody asked you to prom so now you dress as a bat and prowl around your parent's basement?"