You couldn't have warned me?!?!?- Chapter 10

I made it to Dumbledore's office I knocked on the door "Come in." he said I entered and saw Severus with him "Hello Albus. Hello Severus." I said "Please have a seat Reg." said Severus "First off, Happy Birthday and you will get your presents as soon as this is over." he said I smiled up at them "And second off I'm sorry for this." he said and then everything went black.

*CEDRIC'S P.O.V*

I couldn't find her anywhere. She's been gone for a whole week I was going to give her, her birthday present but I couldn't find her and today is the day of the second challenge. I know she didn't want me too enter the tournament in the first place but I can't believe she isn't here. Today we have to go into the Black Lake to retrieve something of ours that was taken.

I see her so they put her down here well they'll be getting an earful from her when she isn't freezing I mean come on it's almost Christmas and the Yule Ball which reminds me I need to ask Star who I should ask to the ball and how I should ask them. I grabbed Star and swam to the top.

*STAR'S P.O.V*

My eyes opened and I gasped. I'm freezing now, Severus is going to get it when I get warmer I looked to my side to see Cedric "Cedi!" I whispered/yelled "Hey there Reg." he said as we got to the dock I was handed a towel and some hot chocolate. After a while I was finally warm I got up and marched over to Severus who was talking to Albus "Really?" I asked they both stopped talking and looked at me "What?" asked Sev "You couldn't have warned me?!?!? That you were going to knock me out with a spell and put me in the Black Lake when it's almost WINTER!" I yelled/asked "We are very sorry Star-" he started "You're sorry? Yeah I bet you are but seriously and you had to knock me out on my birthday you couldn't of taken me any other day it had to be that day." I said and walked away I saw Harry come up I ran to him "Harry! Are you alright?" I asked "Yeah but I came in last place." he said "No you came in third, Fluer had to drop out of the challenge." I said giving him a hug "And thank you for saving Gabby." I said giving him a kiss on both cheeks.
-
It's now a week before the dance and I was talking to Cedric "So I have a question. Who should I ask to the dance?" he asked "Cho she really fancies you and you fancy her as well." I said "Okay. I think I'm going to ask her like this-" he started "So I have a question for you. I was wondering if you would possibly want to go to the ball with me?" he said I saw George storm past us then Hermione and Ginny "Yeah, Cho would absolutely say yes to you." I said smiling at him as Hermione and Ginny came up to us "Why don't you go ask her now." I said giving him a smile he got up and jogged to the school in search of Cho "What was that about?" Ginny asked "Cedric was wondering how he should ask Cho to the ball so I decided to help him." I said "That's sweet. So who are you going to the ball with?" asked Hermione "Well I've had several guys ask me but I keep saying no. I guess I'm just waiting for a certain someone to ask me." I said "And would this certain someone be in Gryffindor?" asked Ginny "Maybe, but anyways we need to go to study hall." I said and the three of us walked there to be greeted by Severus "Good day Miss. Black." he said "Good day Professor." I said with a smile. Why you ask? Maybe because I have a feeling that George really does like me and who knows maybe he'll ask me to the ball today.

I sat down with Hermione and Ginny as Harry and Ron sat next to Hermione and me. Half way through the class I was done as I looked up I saw George throwing a paper at Katie Bell she looked up and mouthed 'What?' to which George asked her to the ball and she said yes. I stood up not looking at George or anyone I felt a hand on my arm but I just yanked my arm away I gathered my things and turned my work into Severus he looked at me for a second then nodded his head I turned around and walked out of class. I went straight to my common room and straight to my room and to my bed where I just cried myself to sleep.

*HARRY'S P.O.V*

I watched as Reg looked at George as he asked Katie Bell to the ball her eyes lost their sparkle she stood up I tried to stop her but she didn't want anything to do with anyone.

After class it was dinner time I sat down with Hermione, Ron, and Ginny. When Fred and George came and sat with us "So who is everyone going to the ball with?" Ginny asked "I am refusing to tell anyone." said Hermione "I'm going with Alice from Hufflepuff." said Fred "Nobody." said me and Ron "I'm going with Katie Bell." said George "Wait? What about Star?" asked Ginny "She's going with Cedric. I heard him ask her today right as I was going to." he said "She's not going with Cedric, she was helping Cedric figure out how he was going to ask Cho to the ball. In fact she said 'Well I've had several guys ask me but I keep saying no. I guess I'm just waiting for a certain someone to ask me'. She was waiting for you to ask her stupid." she said "How do you know that?" he asked "I saw her reaction when you asked Katie Bell. The usual sparkle in her eyes vanished her face became blank and she wouldn't look at anyone or even speak to anyone. She looked broken." I said and then looked at the Ravenclaw table but I didn't even see her there.

*STAR'S P.O.V*

I got up and dressed in some sweats and a tank top I put my hair in a ponytail and went to the room of requirements. I decided to skip dinner I don't really want to deal with everyone as soon as I entered the room of requirements I saw what would be happening today it was all forest and dirt I take my finals today I saw Tonks, Kingsley, and some other Aurors come towards me I had my wand in my large pocket "Are you ready?" asked Kingsley I nodded my head.

I went through the trees following the footsteps as the suddenly ended I looked up 'They could have used a broom' I thought to myself as I climbed up a tree all the way to the top and saw a line of trees that were all messed up "Rookie mistake." I muttered to myself as I jumped from tree to tree when that trail ran cold I hoped down a few branches and took my wand out "Expecto Patronum." I whispered and a beautiful wolf came out and scooped the place out then vanished when it found nothing I jumped down and continued to follow the footsteps I came to the edge of the forest when they vanished "They apperated smart." I said and turned as I felt eyes on me I pulled my wand out in a second when a fireball came towards me I doges it I pointed my wand and heard a thud and then did the same thing hearing three more thuds when I saw Kingsley come out of the forest with his hands raised in a sign of surrender "The test is over." he said but I kept my wand pointed at him I remember Tonks telling me that when my test is over the person would say the safety word. I waved my wand and Kingsley flew back into the bushes he emerged from then Tonks came out "Apricots." she said I lowered my wand and put it back where it was before. I walked up to Kingsley and helped him up "You did perfect Star. You are now officially an Auror just pass your finals in school and you can come on missions. But it's kind of weird that Alastor is not here." he said "I don't believe that the Alastor that is teaching us is the Alastor that raised me, that's not Alastor." I said shaking my head "We will know once the final challenge is over." he said "Now off to bed with you." he said I nodded and ran off.

I finally got to my room when Cho stopped me "Hey Reg?" she asked "Yeah?" I asked "Where were you? I had exciting news." she asked/said "I went out for a jog." I said "So what is this news?" I asked "Cedric asked me to the ball." she said with a huge smile "That's wonderful." I said giving her a hug "I was wondering if you would go dress shopping with me tomorrow since we're visiting Hogsmead?" she asked "Sure I would love to." I said smiling at her "Yay thank you so much." she said and went to bed and I followed her lead.