*Maiden 22*

A/N: it's march.

Aria

Aria

"To build a new Empire, you must allow the old one to fall."

I rested against my seat, my finger brushing my stomach as i listened the speaker on the stage below. The actors and actresses were performing the famous speech by one of the founding fathers of Mikle planet. The large crowd who'd come out to watch this play, was mixed.

Royals, Nobles and visiting dignitaries. My eyes slowly took in the different species who all pretended to not glance at me. It was hard as a few of the aliens wore jewelry that quivered with their every movement.

Icould see a few of the pale skinned Kalabir women, those I'd passed had turned their nose up at me. Immediately removing themselves from my sight, as if I carried a disease. Then again, they only saw me as off worlder or, it was more than that and they saw me as nothing more than a slut. A whore that Mikl had brought back to further dirty their blood.

Ifought the urge to smile and offer those below a view of myrelaxed pose.

"The males have sent three messangers, each interested in speaking with you." Leona's voice came from my right, I didn't shift my eyes away from the stage. "Who are they?"

"It would appear that they are neutral males, who seek an audience with Dah Mikl." A single brow quirked at that.

"They've come to me?" I wasn't anyone of value. I kept my work to the slums, the home I was building for the returned woman and children grew closer and closer to being finished. I had spent these long days feigning innocence and playing the role of perfect wife. How could they assume I was the woman who could convince her fierce lord to meet them.

"Do you wish to see them?" Leaona, asked clearly ready to send the males packing.

I lowered my hand from my stomach, and gave short nod. Looking over to Syndra, who seeing my short nod rose from her chair and walked over to the wall with a long cord and pulled it. The drapes fell making a shushing sound, she moved so that she stood near the door. Her hand laying lightly on the short blade that was sheathed on her hip.

I tapped the armrest twice, the chair turned smoothly so that I sat facing the door way. I had learned something, that those in power never rose for those who were lesser than them. I was the one they wished to be a favor of. I had no reason to be respectful. Power, bought respect, and obeyance. I closed my eyes briefly, imagining a row of women bending at the waist as the Calvaiuns entered.

Inhaling deeply, I reopened my eyes.

"Enter."

The sound of steps came immediately, and the door slid aside to give view of three males. Pale skinned, pointed ear tattoed and pierced, their hair was intermixed with different strands of colour.