Maiden 8*

An: Why? Why?! Am I working on three stories at the same time! *shrugs* I'll eventually lower my load, but enjoy!!

A/N: AGGGGH GOD! This my heart soft, I wsa listening to K-pop Can you hear my heart by Epik High and Lee hi!! So good.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Eight

Aria POV

The other having retreated to their rooms, I was left to my own devises. Weighted with the thoughts and worries for our future. I found myself leaving the commons room and wandering into the dark hall.

The hall was long and wide, what had appeared like an arch in the distance turned out to be an exit. The sky was dark, as the sun had already set behind the high mountains. As I left the safety of the building, I wandered over towards the tall grass that swayed in the gentle wind.

Mikl, had mentioned their attempt at cultivating the land here. The tall green grass had to be crop of some kind, but I could not recognize it, and was too tired to attempt to read the stars. Instead, I crossed the path way drawing closer to it. The scent of night a perfume that gave me peace, my fingers reached out the brush the tips. They pricked slightly but did not break skin. The sensation drew a long sigh from me.

Grey clouds sparsely covered the blue-black sky, the stars were not out tonight. It was odd, not seeing them. They had always accompanied me, and I had always found solace amongst them. A million dying worlds, shining with a dying light. Almost a warning to us, who would soon be the same.

"You could not sleep?"

"No," I half-turned, meeting the yellow eyes of Dah Mikl. He stood down from me, he no longer wore the heavy armor of his position, but a robe that gave view to his chest. His pants were wide legs enough to resemble a skirt, it was tied in a manner that seemed both simple yet complicated. His hair was loosely tied, the end resting on his shoulder. "I could have, but I wanted more of," I turned my eyes to the view at a large. "This."

He moved towards me, stopping he took in the same view. "...This planet was abandoned by its civilization many hundreds of years ago."

"Really," Keeping my voice soft, I asked. "Who would leave such a beautiful planet behind, to think that they have abandoned what my people have longed for."

His gaze turned towards me, something told me to look at him, so I did. Meeting his curios stare, I smiled. "You look as if you have a question for me?"

Those hypnotic eyes flicked to my lips, before returning to mine. "How long did you plan this escape?"

My mouth suddenly dry, I licked my lips and swallowed. Seeking relief from his focus, I looked out over the field. "Ten generations," I could feel the tremors in my hands return, and so I gathered before me to steady them. "So many years have come and gone, some many of us have died. At some point I realized I was alone in this fight, those who looked at me were children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and the flame of rebellion became dimmer and dimmer each time I looked into their eyes."

He clicked his tongue, drawing my attention. "You speak as if you've lived for those many years." He shook his head, "The only immortals that exist, no longer walk with us."

I nodded, becoming thoughtful, "You are right, I would only be turning 20 this year." I mused aloud, "In other worlds 20, is the age where a girl is just becoming a woman."