Maiden 13*

^^^ Coming Soon to a Wattpad near you ^_^

Chapter Thirteen

Aria

I was prepared to be confronted by Mikl, as soon as he ended his conversation with his brother. Only, I didn't let him speak first lifting my hand I laid it on his shoulder and spoke to his.

"You both should leave," I said offering an understanding smile. "I'm sure your brides are eager for your return."

Both cast Mikl questioning looks, he gave a short nod. Returning their gazes to me, they both bowed at the waist.

"Yes, Lady Mikl."

The two gave the same bow to my husband, before exiting the office. The door slid closed behind them.

My husband.

Something about the title brought a bit of warmth. Removing my hand from his arm, I took a step back only for him to stop me by catching my wrist. I didn't pull away, instead, I closed the space once more and met his deep star head on.

"You should have remained at home," the gravelly voice was filled with slight worry. "I hadn't wished for anyone from my world to know about you and the women."

"How long were you intending to keep us a secret?" I asked he frowned at my calm inquiry, "There is only so long you could avoid the call to your own people. And it would also become subject to suspicion when you wished to never stay long."

I squeaked when I went from being in front of him to suddenly being lifted and sat on his lap. A rush of heat caused my cheeks to burn, I wriggled to move but he quickly settled his steel like arms around my waist so that I wouldn't move. "What are you doing?" I snapped, glaring up at him.

"You will cease with trying to be lord here, my lady," His tone was teasing, yet I knew it held truth. "You've grown so accustomed to leading your sisters that, you've even taken to doing so here." He leaned forward, taking my silence as a win I suppose. I did not continue to push at him, I found his scent of brimstone and male warmth enticing. "I am your husband, it is my duty and blessing to protect you and yours."

His words were true, though he could not know the source of my need to lead. I still held the reigns. At any moment this entire picture of happiness could be hit by reality, that I could only imagine the goddess sneering at our human wish to have it.

Shaking my head, I lifted a hand a pressed against his cheek. "I do not deny your function," here I smiled, knowing that my worlds were amusing as if the role of "husband" was one he'd applied for. "Still, you must know that I am a leader and no leader would lay aside their burden easily."