Maiden 10*

Mikl POV

She was angry. Her eyes flashed with fire at me.

Her bearing was as fierce as one of my men, and I knew she would no let this issue go. Her words had lit anger with-in me. We were nothing like the Calvaiuns, and for her to compare us for even a moment drew rage from me. Those cold-blooded killers, had used women like her to further there goals.

Yet, I could not fault her judgement of the situation I had thought them content in their area of our created post. But it appeared I had been wrong.

"No, I expect you wouldn't please with that life."

She blinked, her brow creasing in confusion her eyes showing her already thinking over my words, Trying to decipher what I meant by them.

"I will allow the women to work along with the men," Her expression lightened, and I hated that I felt immediate pleasure at the sign of it. " but only with the men who agree to having them accompany them." She pursed her lips but shrugged.

"I guess I have to take what I can get," she smiled, it brightened her expression and made me desire her more than I already did. I prayed she would choose me, we were destined. "Thank you," she said with sincerity, but just as she turned to leave. I walked around the desk, and grasp her hand.

She stilled, slowly turned to look up at me. I saw the flutter of her pulse, and her tongue peaked out and leaked her bottom lip. "Y-yes."

I searched her face, looking for any trepidation or fear. Instead I found weariness, and attraction.

Satisfied at what I found there, I released her hand. Reaching up, I pulled a piece of white fluff from it. "I just wanted to remove this."

Her lashes fluttered, as she lifted a hand to her hair before she took the fluff from my fingers. "T-Thank you, I-I didn't see it." With that, she quickly left the room.

I could only smirk, this little one would be mine and she would not escape my grasp. She was fierce enough to me dragon mated, and I wouldn't allow any other to cut between.

Aria Pov

Her skin felt hot, even as the other woman danced to the news that they wouldn't be treated as pretty, and soft objects unable to work. Aria's mind was occupied with the wicked look in Mikl's eyes, he pulled her with out speaking. His very charisma called to her, and yet she knew she wasn't able to answer to it fully.

Even as she felt it almost natural touch him, her daker hand pressed against the interesting pattern of scales along his cheek. She wasn't even sure if he would choose her, what if he was merely testing each of the maidens out to pick which one would best suit him. The flair of pain at that thought, was so sudden she felt her breath catch.

"Aria!" She jerked her head up, meeting July's excited gaze. "What do you wish to do?"

My tongue grew heavy, and I couldn't think of what to answer. What did I desire to do? For one who'd thought she'd be dead, I had never once thought about myself. And what 'I' wanted. Feeling cold, I rose and shook my head, giving July a small smile. "I need some time to think about it," glancing at the window, I realized maybe this would be the best time to walk, alone. "I'm going to do a loop around the building."

Sun jumped up hearing my words, "Do you want some to come along?"

Shaking my head, I smirked giving her a pointed a look, "I need some peace, and I don't think taking you along will bring me it." She stuck her tongue at me, in reaction to my small tease.