A Small Greeting Before Sleep

When Keith returned back to the apartment he was surprised to see Shiro still awake. 

Usually, Shiro would be in the sweet dream world when Keith comes home. 

"Hey", Keith said awkwardly as he jumped onto his bed. Shiro just nodded at him. Even though he was awake, Keith could see that he was on the brink of falling asleep. 

Does that mean he stayed up just to see Keith?

That isn't too much out of his character. 

"You want me to take off your boots?", Keith asked when he noticed them still strapped onto Shiro's feet. 

Shiro nodded once more. 

Keith slowly got up from his bed and strutted over to the all but sleeping man. 

"Give me your foot", Keith ordered. Shiro lazily lifted it up. Once it was in Keith's hands he set to work unlacing the straps. 

"Dammit, Shiro. Why did you have to get boots with so many shoelaces?", Keith huffed out when he finally released one foot from the blasted boot. 

Keith looked back up and frowned when he saw Shiro already asleep. 

So Keith continued to unlace his brother's boots and frowned when he saw how blistered his feet where. 

It was so blistered in fact that it was bleeding. 

Keith let out a stiff sigh as he got up to find bandages. 

Life was tough, and Shiro's bleeding skin just proved that. 

When Keith returned and set back to work his eyes wandered up to the sky. 

His eyes flittered to the moon. 

And he wondered if Lance was looking at it too.