Here We Meet

Romelle all but ran out of the house when all the chores of the house were done. 

She already knew where she was going. 

The bar a few blocks away. 

Romelle knew she shouldn't be spending all her money at the bar. Especially when it could buy her new clothes and shoes. 

But the idea of drinking the fine liquor sounded to nice to pass up. 

When she finally found herself in front of the bar's doors, she felt a small smile on her face. 

She wasn't an alcoholic, she was sure of that, but when she had to deal with people's stupidity for a day she deserved a nice drink. 

Romelle walked into the bar as if she owned the place. And she had been there so many times that it felt like she did. 

"I'll have a bourbon", Romelle barked out as she planted herself on a stool.

Romelle let out a small smile when the drink was placed in front of her. 

"I've never seen a girl so happy to get a drink before", a voice suddenly piped up from beside her. 

Romelle looked over and was surprised to see a man her age sitting there. 

This bar was promptly known for the older patrons that drank till there hearts content. 

"Well, then I guess you haven't meet that much interesting girls", Romelle responded after the surprise drifted away. 

The man chuckled, "I guess that sounds right".

Romelle looked over at the stranger once more before taking a swig of her drink. 

"What's your name?", she asked. 

The man smirked at her. And Romelle felt her face change into a glare. 

The man laughed at her facial expression. 

"Sorry if I offended you with a small smile. My name is Lotor", the man responded. 

"And what is your name?", he asked. 

"Romelle".

"Romelle... nice name".

Romelle smiled at Lotor. 

Lotor smiled back.