Chapter Thirteen: Succubus

"You believe me now, yes?"

"Why am I here? Where's Jewel?"

"This isn't Jewel's mind, it's yours."

"So I'm in my mind." I sigh. "Great, I am crazy."

"Not crazy, your just different."

"Explain to me why I'm here. I thought Jewel was trying to get me to remember my vision to find Al." I cross my arms, watching as her eyes start to bleed.

"That is why you're here, to find the vision about your brother. Remember though, what you saw will always happen." I nod.

"Just please, I need to find him." She nods and turns, walking away then I realize a hallway forms around her and in front of me. I look down at my feet to see a path had formed under my feet. "Whoa."

"Hurry now, Sophie." I look up, jogging to catch up with her. We walk down the hall and I see picture frames, all empty. "Not empty." I look at the back of her head and notice then that her hair is red instead of black like I dye mine. "These are your memories. Watch." I stop and watch one of the frames and gasp when a scene of me playing in the backyard as a kid with Jewel and dad shows up. "This is the Hall of Memories, scenes of your past are stored in the frames. But what you want is not here."

"Then why are we in here?" I ask.

"You wish to see your vision again, yes?" I nod. "Then trust me and follow." I look back to see the hallway vanishing as we walk. I jog to catch up with her, look at the frames as we pass. "Here." I look at a door that materializes in front of us. "Here is where you will find the vision you seek." I look at the door, then back at her.

"Well?" I ask.

"Open it, and walk in. Only you can open the door to your visions."

"But aren't you me?" I ask, confused. She smiles at me.

"I may look like you, dear child. But I am truly your ancestor, the first to receive our family's Gift. My name is Sophia Levant." She curtsies.

"What? But you look exactly like me." She nods.

"Actually you look like me, but today is not the time to talk about our family. You must re-see your vision to save your brother. The future is in your hands, choose wisely."

"Wait! I have questions!" But the other me, I mean my ancestor, vanishes."The future is in my hands, huh? Thought the future was unchangeable." I look at the door in front of me, taking it in.

The door is old, and there's an engraving of some sort of picture. I can't tell though, it looks worn down. I look down the hall, then behind me before I look at the door and place my hand on it. I push, and the door opens slowly. I walk in, looking around to see more black nothingness. I turn around to look at the door, but it's gone. I turn back around and take a step back in shock. The nothingness changed into a dark room. I blink, and I'm no longer standing but laying on my side. I hear water dripping, but I'm not wet. I feel myself shiver as a door opens up.

'I don't want to be Al.' I think and my vision changes again.

I'm looking down at Al laying on the ground, bound. I still hear water dripping somewhere nearby, but now I can see everything better. I realize it's a basement when I see the dirt walls and concrete floor. A door opens, and I turn towards it, noticing the old stairs and door. I watch as Missy Brokeheart walks down the stairs slowly. I look down at Al to see him trying to press against the wall he was cowering against.