Chapter Eight: Jewel's Letter

"Hey Al." Al turns around and smiles at Missy, heart fluttering.

"Hello Missy. What's up?"

"Nothing. Can you come over tonight? I have something to show you."

"I don't know, I'm supposed to help Sophie fix up her room-" She leans into him, looking up at him through her thick lashes.

"Please Al, I want you." She gets on her tip toes and kisses his cheek. "I really like you, and my mom and grandma won't be home till later."

"I-I'm not supposed to-I mean Soph would kill me-I mean uh." He trips over his words as she puts her hand on his lower stomach and tails it down. He grabs her hand before it gets to far down, and he tries to step away. "I'm not that kind of guy Missy." She presses closer to him, cutting off all escape unless he wants to push her away, which he doesn't. "Missy-"

I gasp, my eyes opening wide, but my vision is tinted red and the light hurts. I curl up tighter, closing my eyes even tighter. I shiver, remembering Missy's eyes flashing a different color when Al refused her. Just like they did in the car the day I dropped her off and wouldn't let her sit in the back with Al.

"Sophie?" I feel someone touch my shoulder and I try to scoot away. "Another vision?" I don't respond, trying to call the vision back to see what happened after he tried pulling her nasty hand off of his stomach. That damn whore is going to get an ear full and possibly her butt kicked if she touches my little brother that way again. "Sophie, are you okay?" I ignore the voice as I make myself uncurl and lay on my back. "I'll get you a washcloth." After awhile, warm water drips down my face from a washcloth that wasn't squeezed of extra water. "Better?" I don't respond.

I lay like that for awhile, and I feel someone sitting beside me. Finally the quiet drives me insane and I open my mouth.

"What time is it?" I whisper.

"Ten."

"Where's dad Al?" I ask when the voice sounds familiar.

"Ran to the store." He says. I open one eye and look at him, my vision still tinted red. "Are you okay?" I nod slowly.

"Yeah, just have to wait for my vision to return to normal." I close my eyes. "Al, will you answer something for me?"

"Depends?"

"Are you and Missy more than friends or whatever? The truth."

"Uh, well um." He sighs. "I like her, but I don't think she likes me." I nearly scoff but I don't.

"You two haven't done anything physical?"

"You know this is really awkward, especially since you have blood running down your face."

"Sorry Al, I need to know."

"Why? Was your vision about-"

"You and Missy, yeah. and I'm telling you right now that you need to find someone knew."

"Why?" I shake my head slowly.

"Trust me." He sighs. "Al, I'm serious. Something is up with that chick, and I do not like it."

"Fine." He mutters and I can just see him crossing his arms. "Oh, Lucas called by the way."

"Why?"

"Asking about Jared." I frown.

"What about him?"

"Well, he asked me if I'd seen him and I told him that he had just left awhile ago with a strange look on his face."