Awake

"Her father.....Thor.... Asguard."

"Not at S.H.I.E.L.D."

"A proper life."

"With who?"

"No, not..."

"Hush, she's waking."

The voices faded as I opened my eyes to blinding white lights. I was on S.H.I.E.L.D.'s helicarrier, in a hospital bed, surrounded by agents. Even with fuzzy vision, I was able to pick out Nat's curly red hair, Fury's eyepatch, and Tony's glowing arc-reactor.

I groaned. No Uncle Thor. No Dad. No warriors, and no grandparents. I was stuck back on Earth, in my old life.

"Hela!" Tony said loudly once my eyes had fully opened. "How's my favorite master assassin?"

I just shrugged, and looked at Fury. "Where's Thor? Where's my Dad?" The director looked at me with sad eyes.

"We don't know. Asgard, probably. They haven't contacted us since Jane Foster left you in our care three days ago." Fury said softly. "I'm sorry, Hel."

I gasped. "Three days? I was out for three days?"

Nat laughed slightly. "You hit your head pretty hard."

"Uggggggg." I closed my eyes and let my situation sink in. when I opened then again, Tony was the only one who remained by my bedside.

"Hela, we've been talking, and we think it's best of you come live with me and Pepper. It'll be safer, and we have the technology to try to build something that can help us communicate with Asgard. What do you say?" Tony looked at me expectantly. "Romanoff and Barton are going to be on missions even more often now, and....."

"Yes." I cut him off. "Yes, I'll live with you."

Tony leaned in and have me a gigantic hug. "Great Kiddo. See ya soon." And he left me alone to wallow in my misery, in my life without my father.