Agent Roberts

"Hela, Agent Barton!"

It was Agent Coulson. "Phil!" I cheered, running to hug him. He laughed and began to lead us towards the site of the hammer.

As we approached the setup, Phil began to explain what we needed to know.

"We've got scientists working around the clock trying to unearth the hammer, and there's an odd electromagnetic pulse that it's giving of. Your job is simple. Protect the hammer and the scientists."

I nodded, but when Clint didn't reply, I looked up at him.

"Why's Hela here?"

The question took Coulson by surprise.

"Hela? We know how you and Agent Romonov are. You won't let her out of your sight. The Great and Powerful Hela could be beating up bad guys if Agent Romonov wasn't on her own mission already."

We had finally reached the heart of the complex. It was surrounded by plastic sheeting and the intricate hammer lay in the middle of a hunk of rock. There was another agent standing at attention next to the hammer.

"Agent Roberts, do you have what I gave you?" Coulson asked. Roberts nodded and walked towards Clint. He pulled a gun from his holster, giving it to my foster father. Then he turned towards me.

Plunging his hand into his pocket, he pulled out a gun (which I tucked away unhappily), and then produced a small throwing knife. I let out a cheer. Clipping the knife to my belt, I looked up, expecting to see two more. I frowned, but didn't ask questions.

As Phil and Agent Roberts started to walk away, I could hear the ignorant guard ask, "So that's the Agent and the kid? Didn't look like much." Phil merely inclined his head politely instead of saying good bye,  and turned towards the big mouth.

"Watch your back."

Startled, Agent Roberts whipped around, only to see Clint pruning his arrows his arrows, and me, the kid, twirling the knife between my fingers. He sniffed, and left.

What unsuspecting Agent Roberts didn't know was that his hair was now a very vivid shade of pink from the magic Clint said I had inherited from my parents.