Security Breach

I'm apologizing on advance, this is a filter chapter, and therefore, not my best work. My writing should, hopefully, pick up in the next couple chapters as I get further along in the plot. My apologies.

I was with Coulson in the main control room when we got the message saying someone had broken into the compound. Phil grabbed me by the shoulders and spoke into his earpiece, probably to Clint, while pulling me out into the plastic covered hallways.

I could hear the slap of skin on skin and strangled yelps as the intruder continued to beat up alI of Coulson's men. He didn't seem too happy about that. Then it started raining.

Pill began to bark into his earpiece as the man came closer and closer to the hammer. Right when he was about to enter the center where it lay, the blonde intruder ran straight into the stomach of Mr Roberts. It wasn't necessarily his stomach though, since the bodyguard was built largely and his body rippled with muscle.

At first, I felt sorry for the blonde man, being smaller and weighing less than the SHIELD agent. But as the fight continued, it became clear that the blonde was obviously the better fighter. After ripping through one side of the sheeting surrounding the complex and grappling in the mud for a a while, Mr Roberts didn't move. I didn't blame him. After several elbows to the face, and an obviously broken nose, no one would blame him for falling short of the goal to beat up the intruder. The man was simply to much.

I could hear Coulson's earpiece squeaking again. I suspected it was Clint, asking if the man needed an arrow in the leg. But Coulson vetoed his suggestion, wanting to see what the man would do. I was also curious. He had beaten up all of our guards, unarmed, on hand-to-hand combat, just for what? To try to pull at the hammer? As if it would come out of the ground for him.

The hammer didn't budge. Not an inch. The man feel to his knees, rejected. The look of pain upon his face was unbearable. It made me wonder who had sent him here to retrieve it, and if his life was on the line. Because if an organization like SHIELD wants you dead, there's nothing you can do to stop them.