Skype

"You never told me you could sing," Luke said. The sound of Michael's voice could not leave his head. All he could think about in the past two weeks was how beautiful he sounded and how he would have loved to hear him song once more, maybe in real life this time, though.

"Yeah," Michael replied, scratching the back of his head. "Not that many people know really." It wasn't that Michael was insecure with the way he sounded, it was just the fact that not even one week ago his vocals teacher told him he sounded like a little boy going through puberty.

"Dude, you can be famous!" Luke exclaimed. He was excited. He knew Michael loved music so much and he knew he wanted to do that for the rest of his life. When he said that Michael was amazing, he did not say that out of love but he said that because he meant it.

"If only," Michael said chuckling sadly.

Luke frowned. He knew what Michael's teacher had said to him about his voice last week. He remembered Michael coming home so sad. When he and Luke were skyping, Luke remembered how red his eyes were, like he had just been crying. When he asked what's wrong he couldn't help but feel his heart shatter for the older boy who wanted nothing more than to make others happy by his music.