Where's Rantaro?

An ominous short as a thank you for my loyal readers!

"Where's Rantaro?" was the first thing Valt asked upon running up to his friends, noticing that he wasn't with them during lunch time. 

Now that he thought about it, he wasn't there in class or even at school to begin with.

Wakiya, sitting on the bench, bit into the apple and mumbled something Valt found sarcastic. "Who's Rantaro?" Daigo raised a brow from next to him, and Ken just looked confused. Shu was not present because he had a make-up test to do.

"Wakiya, I'm being for real."

"Pfft," the rich kid swallowed and responded. "Rantaro? Who is that? Are you talking about the tall kid from our grade? I wonder what you want with him." he shrugged.

"I think that guy is the only Rantaro in the school," Daigo pointed out, and Valt couldn't help but be even more puzzled. 

Something seems a little, er, weird today? Everyone seems like they have lost their memory or something, and Valt can't seem to pinpoint why. 

Ken spoke through Besu. "Is Rantaro your friend, Valt?" 

Valt's brown eyes slowly widened, both in growing horror and shock. "Of course, guys. Don't we all know him? He's our friend." he pointed out, but the lack of reaction pretty much said everything.

"Valt's head is always stuck somewhere else, I see," Wakiya gave a snort, and tossed his unfinished apple at the nearby trashcan. The apple went in without missing, and he gave a proud huff.

Daigo gave a shrug. "Eh, whatever. But I haven't seen him lately, whoever he is." 

"Me neither," Ken dipped Besu's head in an apologetic gesture.

There was nothing Valt could say. What could he even say, anyway? Speaking an extra line or two wouldn't clear his confusion at all. 

His confusion wasn't even the worst part. The worst part was that none of his friends seemed to remember their Honcho. Nothing in their eyes and expressions could show that they were faking it. There not even a reason to pretend he doesn't exist. 

Valt only stood there as the crew conversed with one another via whispers. He watched as they pulled out their own lunches to eat along the way. All while he stood there, trying to muster up the knowledge to conclude what had happened. 

And another part of his brain kept thinking about Rantaro. Sure, the crew knew he was the background Blader in the group, but his existence was justified by his loudness and encouragement. He was so loud, no one could have forgotten him. He was weird in his own way, too. Though he seemed like the extra man in the band, Valt just felt a little more empty now.

Something wasn't right when he is just gone like that, and even his friends think he never existed in the first place.

How could his friends forget about him like that? 

Valt checked everyone and everything. Shu, his parents, his siblings, absolutely everyone. Even the signs that told him Rantaro existed. But there was nothing. The bluenett had simply woken up into the world where one of his friends didn't exist. And no one could help him. 

Rantaro Kiyama was not registered into the WBO database, Shu was also confused, and nothing else pointed to the loud boy he knew. Rantaro's house was still there, but his parents did not know who Rantaro was. They only had a little boy named Ranjiro Kiyama, and that was it. Even his contact was missing in Valt's phone and his social media accounts were gone.