Horror of the Opera

Zac shall recount the events that led up to that incident in the aging opera room. He had known that it had been years since his own father stepped inside there, despite the room being apart of his mansion. 

He did remember what it looked like. It was dusting in the darkness, and had very few lights that actually worked. The seats themselves were collecting dust, some torn and scratched and seemingly stained by food and drinks. The overhanging balconies above the main floor's seats weren't any better, either. Iron had rusted above and some bars chipping off or brown completely, and even the velvet seats up there were stained. The opera stage itself was a mess too: stage curtains drooping down, and on the verge of falling off; bits of glitter and confetti that must have been there for awhile; and even remains of stage props like a faux lion head and some feathery boas. 

Overall, no one came in there. No one did because they didn't want to clean up the mess after the previous show. Zac heard from his father that it was truly wild, with so many screams and edibles being tossed about, and fleeing people and falling objects. Perhaps they had the scariest opera show and that what was made everyone think the place was haunted?

But that didn't stop him. Zac was in charge now, being the new star in place of his father. He remembered trying to get a crew to clean the place up. That was his fault, right? He made his staff clean the opera room up, and now it was his responsibility. His fault for messing up their life. He knew he scared the shit out of the staff.

Stepping away from his thoughts, Zac sighed. He was going to have to recount his phone call to the police as best as he could, and then try to explain that it wasn't his fault.

Two hours ago...

Man: Sir? Sir? You there?

Zac: Hey there. What is it, Mr. Fukui?

Man: Uhh I noticed it was my group's turn to clean up the place, but it appears that they have ditched me. Now I'm alone in here — in this opera room with the shady light — myself. Kinda weird. Can you fetch anyone else please?

Zac: Why exactly did they ditch you, sir? That kinda doesn't make sense.

Man: They complained of how creepy the atmosphere was. They said the messiness and the dust was messing with them. And the fact that we are the night shift group doesn't help either. Like I said, can you get a couple more people to help me? Or at least let me just sweep the stage and then leave.

Zac: Um that's it? I get that the place is creepy and all, but that shouldn't be the reason! Maybe I'll have a talk with them later on, okay? I need to be nice and let them get a rest. It's your turn. Or at least...

Man: Sir, I asked if you can get them. I also asked if I can just sweep and be over with it.

Zac: Fine, fine, sure. Just sweep the stage and maybe I'll get everyone to do some major cleaning. Is that the only reason you called me? Because the place looks rather shady?

Man: No, sir. Even the previous groups mentioned that it was shady. They said something didn't seem very right. 

Zac: Oh?

Man: Something about the opera room in general, really. But you know, I'm personally doing fine, heh heh... I have the balls to fix up this place myself. Hear me sweeping? Hell, this is simple but maybe we should get better lights first before we dust and reboot this place.

Zac: Okay, Mr. Fukui, what's with the 'balls' thing? Are you saying everyone I told to clean up this place is scared of the room? I mean, I can come home from this party and have a discussion with how scary the opera room is to you guys.