❦ Chapter Eleven ❦

Disclaimer; Still yet to own Teen Wolf or Dylan O'Brien

❦ The very long awaited Chapter Eleven ❦

Opal

"Miss Opal, would you like to explain why you are late to my class?" Mr Harris asked with an accusing tone. My footsteps faltered as I slowly waltzed into Chemistry. I had been sadly mistaken that I would be let off easy with the excuse of being a new student, maybe give him the excuse of getting lost. Except, Mr Harris was practically a bullshit spotter. He would be able to smell my bullshit lie a mile away.

I wrung my hands together and let my head fall, facing towards the floor with my hair becoming a curtain between us. "My bladder needed to be taken care of." I said lowly with my eyes still cast to the floor.

Mr Harris sighed in annoyance. "Please do not waste my time, Opal. Go take a seat next to Greenburg." I looked up to see the rest of the class staring at me, some of them snickering and laughing. I glared at them and made my way over to where Greenburg was sitting. My nose wrinkled slightly as I sat beside him and placed my bag on the table. I spun on my seat to find Scott sitting next to Lydia at their own table and Stiles sitting on  the other side of Lydia. With no table in front of him. I let out a little giggle at his stupidity.

"Before we were interrupted with Opal's tardiness.. Erica, take the first station. Start-" Mr Harris was cut of by the mass amount of hands that went up in the classroom. Most of them included the male population, yet there were a few females hand that had shot up as well. "I wasn't asking for volunteers, so put your hormonal little hands down." Everyone slowly pulled their hands down while Erica smirked to herself and bit her lip. I glared at her. "Start with Mr McCall."

I fortunately got seated with Stiles when Harris got around to us. "Stiles, tell me the plan." I demanded with a frown on my lips. "What are Isaac and Erica up to?"

"All you need to know is to not let Lydia near those two. Got it?" He said with a determined look. I nodded in understanding and got to work on our experiment. I measured and poured the different chemicals into the beaker, until the sound of Harris' bell went off. 

"Switch." Harris simply said. I moved to another station. I glanced over at Lydia to see that Scott was sitting next to her. I sighed in relief before looking who sat down next to me. A groan escaped my lips.

"Isaac."

A wide grin spread across his face. "Hey there, gorgeous."

I glared at him. "If you harm one perfect strawberry blonde hair on her freaking head, I will shave your furry ass face when your transformed, turn it into a nice fur shawl and give it to her as an early birthday present." I said growling.

Isaac chuckled. "Really, now? I've never actually been to one of her big invite-only birthday parties. I did ask her out once though."

Rolling my eyes I said, "A, I've never been to any of her parties either, but then again I'm sort of new to town. And B, that sounds like a beginning to a heartfelt story... but sadly, I think I'm gonna pass. Thanks though."

"First day of freshman year." Isaac said, clearing remembering the past.

"I'm just gonna go by my gut feeling and say she said no?"

He chuckled lowly. "Yep. She even laughed. Told me to come back when the bike I rode to school had an engine, not a chain."

I shrugged my shoulders as I measured a complex formula. "I'm not really surprised. I bet she was every ounce of a Queen back then as she is now. Lydia doesn't associate herself with court jesters." 

"To her I was merely a peasant."

 "Unrequited love is a bitch." I commented. I did however feel slightly bad for him... and the countless other Lydia Martin admirers.