❦ Chapter Nine ❦

*Disclaimer; I do not own Teen Wolf, all characters excluding my own belong to Jeff Davis.*

❦ Chapter Nine ❦

Opal

I couldn't find Stiles, and it felt as if I had searched absolutely everywhere. He wasn't in any of the classrooms, and the cafeteria doors were locked so he couldn't of gone in there. I wandered down the hall leading up to the principal's office when a voice caught my eyes.

"Ow, ow, ow!" It was Stiles, I could recognize that sarcastic little voice anywhere. Except, this time he wasn't saying 'ow' sarcastically.

Stiles voice was getting closer and I hid behind a group of lockers. My mouth dropped open when I finally spotted Stiles. He was being pulled by Erica Reyes down the school, Erica having a strong grip on Stiles' right ear. I followed them all the way to the school pool, where an attractive dark man stood with a basketball in his hands. Erica let go of Stiles and walked over to stand next to the man. "Stiles," the man greeted with a small smirk.

"Derek," Stiles responded flatly. 'Derek' opened his mouth to speak, but then closed it firmly and shot his eyes in the direction I was hiding in.

I let out a small squeak and bent down behind the door leading into the pool rooms, praying that he did not know I was here. Someone cleared their throat and the next thing I knew Erica was peering down at my small, crouched form.

I gave a feeble wave. "Uh, hey?" She rolled her eyed at me and made a move to grab me, when I shot up from my hiding spot with both hands in the air, surrendering. "I'll come quietly, I promise." Considering what she probably was, I didn't want to get on her bad side. I also didn't want her to touch me. Stiles eyes were wide with shock as I took my place next to him, but then shuffled to the side further away from him. I didn't want to be standing close to a deceiving little shit of a liar.

"You must be-"

"Opal," I cut Derek off. "Opal No-Last-Name."

He cocked an eyebrow, "interesting. You must be the one they found in the woods. They say you have no memory of your past?"

"Whoever 'they' are, they would be correct." I remarked crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"Quite the sassy one aren't you. Cute." Erica shot me a glare at that comment from Derek. I scowled at her. I wish I didn't stick up for her in gym class now. Bitch.

"Well since I've got you both here, why don't you tell what you saw at the mechanics garage?" Derek asked us playing with the basketball in his hands.

"Uhh, several alarming EPA violations that I'm seriously considering reporting." Stiles said in a subtle sarcastic way. Erica laughed at Stiles as if she couldn't believe she just replied with that.

The ball in Derek's hands suddenly deflated, and I jerked back when I saw claws on his fingers instead of nails. "O-Oh god." I stuttered. Stiles eyes were wide with fear, and glanced back at me.

"Let's try that again," Derek said calmly. I swallowed nervously and wiped my sweaty palms on my skinny jeans.

"Alright," Stiles gave in, "the thing was pretty slick looking. It's skin was dark, kind of patterned."

"Is that not enough? I've got somebody I really need to meet." I said harshly, but Derek just gave a 'look' that said bitch please. I huffed out a breath. "It had scales, yellow slitted eyes and lots of teeth. Very strong as well." I paused think about it, and then clear image popped into my brain. "Oh! It also had a long, green tail. Quite gross, actually."