Chapter 10: Roomates

~Alexa~

I'm in my bedroom with Duchess and Darren, and Lynelle. But she's sleeping already since it's already somewhere around 10pm.

Yay, so, happy life. The three of us passed the voice kids blind auditions. Still can't beleive that I passed though.

"Darren i'm bored!" I whined.

"Yeah, same." Then I remembered something.

"Ooh wanna do something fun?" I asked and he looked at me curiously.

"I'm tired of winning in COD-"

"Psh, not that. And i'm better than you." I said.

"Yeah right." See? We both know what I said wasn't true.

"Wanna go star seeing?" I asked and he looked at me curiously, again.

I got the binoculars and some pillows which I let Darren hold as I open the window. "Come on." I said gesturing to the window and he stared blankly at me.

"Alexa, kung gust mo ako patayin dahil nananalo ako sa COD, i'm very very sorry." He said.

I laughed at him. "No no, it's not that. I do this with Karlos, totally safe." I said. "But you gave me an idea in how to kill you." I said jokingly.

He glared at me then coughed mockingly. "Ehem Karlos."

"What's with him?" I asked.

"Miss mo na no?" And I blushed at what he asked. Actually, I do.

"Gosh Darren umalis ka nga I don't miss him."

"Whatever makes you sleep at night." And I glared at him.

"So, wanna go star seeing or not?"

"Hmm, it may be fun, so yeah let's go!" He said and we went out the window and I closed it. So we won't waste aircon.

"Cool." Darren said.

I lay the blankets down and we sat on it.

"You could actually see the whole neighborhood from here." I said and he borrowed the binoculars.

"Yeah..." He said.

Then I saw a figure in the park. Who in the hell would be at the park at 10 in the evening.

"Can I borrow?" I asked and Darren handed me the binoculars.

Then I looked for the figure in the park. Then when I zoomed in, the figure was so familiar.

"Karlos." I whispered but enought for Darren to hear.

"What?"

I see Karlos sitting on the grass, crying.

I immediately stood up and opened the window. "Alexa what happened?" He asked, following me. I closed the window and turned to him.

"I don't know but Karlos is crying. Pupuntahan ko siya, okay? Just make sure no one knows. I said and went downstairs. Careful not to bring any attention to me.

Darren followed me to the gate. "Sama ako."

"Wag na. Just make sure my mom doesn't go in my room, pls."

He nodded his head and I ran to the park.

I was so tired when I got there, so I catched my breath first then Karlos turned around and I met his bloodshot eyes.

"Hey. Are you okay?" I asked in between breaths and sat beside him.

"Okay ka lang?" I asked again since he didn't answer me awhile ago. He shook his head.