Chapter 7: Matching Bears

~Alexa~

It has been a week since the auditions, and they said they're gonna call us if we got in, and that's today.

I really wanna try to audition for the voice kids, and I hope i'll get in. Well if not, maybe that competition's not for me.

I'm hanging out with Darren right now, Lynelle is with Tita Marinel and Tito Lyndon and with my parents, and Karlos is with Tito Giovanni.

Cos we were playing COD, until Darren asked something.

"So, do you think i'll get in?"

I paused the game and snorted in a very unlady-like manner. "Are you kidding? Of course you'll get in. And you're one of the runner ups in The Next Star, right?" He nodded.

"See, no worries." I said, smiling at him.

"Thanks."

"Hey, do you think i'll get in?" I asked.

"Yeah, maybe. I haven't heard you sing yet you know." He said, bumping my shoulder with his. Oh yeah, I totally forgot. "So, kanta ka nga."

"Nevermind." I muttered. "Lets just see the results."

He shook his head and chuckled, then he unpaused the game and we continued playing.

"I'm so gonna beat your ass that this game." I smirked.

"I'd like to see you try." He said in a sing-song voice. And let the games begin.

We were playing for a while now, and he's winning. Ugh.

"And you said you're good at this game."

"Shut up." He just chuckled at me.

While I was being so concentrated into trying to beat Darren's ass off the game, my freaking phone rang.

So I paused the game and went into my bed, since my phone's there. I checked the caller ID, it says 'Jakey' so I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Ipassedtheauditions!" He blurted out. I only understood auditions.

"What? I didn't understand what you said."

I heard him breathe loudly over the phone, and then said, "I passed the auditions!"

"Oh my god!" I shouted and that got Darren to go near me.

"What happened?!?" He asked, panicked.

"Karlos passed the auditions!" I exclaimed.

"Congrats bro!" Darren shouted enough for Karlos to hear.

"Thanks!" Karlos said over the line.

"He said thanks." I told Darren. He nodded.

"So, are you in?" Karlos asked.

"Wala pa ngang tawag eh." I chuckled.

"Oh okay lang iyan, i'm sure you'll get in." I can feel him smiling over the other line.

"Don't get my hopes up, Labajo."

"But i'm not." He said in a serious voice. I shrugged, but I forgot he couldn't see me.

"Anyways, just wait for the call and yeah gotta go bye, princess."

"Bye Jakey." Then I ended the call.

"So, wanna continue the game?" Darren asked, waving the controller back and forth.

"Nah, i'm lazy na eh."