Chapter 6: The Arrival

~Alexa~

It's now 11pm, and Karlos and I are still awake, him on the other side of the bed, playing on my ipad while I stare at the fireflies in my mason jar.

"Oh yeah, Karlos?" I asked.

"Yepp?" He said not looking away from my ipad.

"Ano kinakain ng fireflies?"

"Hmm, I don't know...baka dahon?"

I shrugged. "Maybe."

"Ooh and before I forget." I said supposedly to myself as I grabbed my phone and took a picture of the fireflies in the mason jar. "Hey Karlos, let's take a picture." I said.

He put my ipad down and leaned in closer to me, chills came running down my body. "Smile!" I said as I took a picture of us.

We took like over, 31 selfies. And mostly it was Karlos' face.

I chose the two nicest selfies to post in instagram. One was when we were both doing the tongue out and the other one we were just smiling.

I put it in a collage and edited it then posted it on ig with the caption, @alexadeguzman_: @KarlosLabajo having a sleepover! Yeah I know, lame caption right? [A/N. guys idk the account @alexadeguzman_ might be real haha so yeah don't look it up idk]

I stood up and went to the window with the mason jar with me. I opened the window and let the fireflies go.

"Why'd ya let them go?"

"Baka mamatay sila kawawa naman. And I don't know what they eat." I said.

"Yeah, okay." Karlos said.

"Anyways, antok na ako." I said while I sat on the bed, yawning and stretching my arms.

"Yeah, same." Karlos said.

Ugh. I forgot to do something. I groaned and stood up and closed the lights. Then, I went back to the bed. "Goodnight Jakey." I said.

"Night."

***

~Darren~

I was playing on my ipad while lynelle was sleeping on my shoulder. I sigh. As I checked the Philippine time, it's already 3am there. And we're gonna arrive at 7am. 4 more hours. Thank God.

14 hours of just sitting down is tiring as well, you know? And I also have someone sleeping on my shoulder, not that i'm complaining. She's too adorable.

I think Lynelle is having a hard time sleeping, so I removed the arm rest and placed her head on my lap instead, for a better position.

Then I myself slept as well. I'm getting sleepy na rin eh.

***

I heard the flight attendant say. Are we finally here now?

"Dad," I called my Dad. He looked at me, signaling me to go on with my question. "andito na ba tayo?" I asked.

"Malapit na. 5 more minutes." He said. I nodded my head at him.

Lynelle is still asleep in my lap, so I didn't disturb her.

I feel really sick now. The pressure in my ears is getting annoying and I feel like vomiting. That's why I hate long airplane rides.

So I tried to sleep again, but I just can't. So I just closed my eyes and waited for the plane to land.

He flight attendant said that we're here already blah blah blah. Then someone was lightly tapping my shoulder.

"Darren. Andito na tayo. Wake up." It's dad. I opened my eyes when my dad said we're here already.